Chapter Eleven

Victoria firmly gripped her brother's hand, pulling him out the terrace doors, her footsteps light as she trotted across the ballroom. Marcello followed his sister aimlessly, his mind becoming overwhelmed with emotions. They trained him to be a merciless, unfeeling killer, but everyone had their weakness. His Achilles heel was his sorella, Victoria. When the fighting broke out, he was terrified as he searched the area for his sister. As he was fighting, he sighed with relief as he saw his sister tackle one of the masked men.

"Where are we going?" Marcello whispered. He noticed on the terrace there were five of the masked men laying aimlessly on the floor. Some were bleeding out onto the terrace floor, their blood running like the red sea. Victoria paid no attention. She continued to bustle past as she pulled him by his hand.

"We were going to find the Batmobile." She rolled her eyes as her voice dripped with sarcasm. "We are heading to a vehicle that I have had stationed nearby. Just across the road, down an alley."

Marcello's eyes widened with surprise. He tightly clasped her hand as he followed her past the terrace and through the adjourning garden. The garden wasn't well lit, like the terrace. It encased them in darkness; the shrubs hiding them away from prying eyes. Victoria had her back against the shrubbery. Only flickers of blue and lights were creeping through the gaps as they got closer to the main road. Victoria paused, Marcello's brows furrowed. Victoria's neck shifted left and right, scouting the area. She scanned the area to make sure they were alone before reaching out to pull back the thick brown branch, its green leaves brushing against her hand. Marcello walked in front of Victoria, almost peaking his head out when she abruptly removed her hand from her brother. She stretched his hand out, stopping him from taking a step. Marcello's head snapped in her direction where he saw her, placed her middle finger on her lips, implying that he needs to be quiet. He took a step and watched as his sister popped her head through the gap.

Victoria's eyes flickered across the street, observing as the entrance, she noted that there was an obscene amount of police. There were a few people from the media clicking and snapping their pictures. A few were being held back by police officers as they tried to slip past the barricades. Victoria checked the other side to see that there were a few pedestrians scattered across the street, trying to walk away from the crime scene. She didn't hesitate as she dragged her brother by the arm and slipped behind a group that was heading in the same direction as the alley. Marcello couldn't help but turn his head toward the hotel where he witnessed the excessive crowd gathering. Victoria lifted her hand, smacking him across the back of the head.

"Ouch." Marcello quickly muttered, lifting his hand and rubbing the sore spot on his head.

"Head down, eyes low. We do not need your ugly face sprayed across the papers tomorrow." Victoria replied as she bowed her head. Marcello imitated her actions and looped his arm through hers. He gently felt her pull as she stepped from the crowd and slipped through a dark and narrow alley.

As they walked down the alley, Victoria's heels clacked louder and soon drowned out the police sirens. At the end of the tunnel, two enormous and muscular men greeted them. The men wore black suits and their backs straightened as their eyes caught Victoria and Marcello walking towards them.

"Donna." Both respectfully bowed their head.

"Boys." She responded. She strutted past them, still clutching her brother's hand as she yanked him to the side of the black car where she flung open the passenger door. She pushed Marcello's head into the car, with his body following behind. "Put your seatbelt on." She ordered. Victoria then slammed the door shut, then walked a back to the men, gave them a curt nod, making her way to the passenger seat. Both men followed her lead and made their way into the free seats in the car's front.