Chapter Four

Victoria Barone was one of the rare beauties of Italy. Victoria was a well-established woman amongst the mafia. However, despite her vast network, her name was faceless. She was an extremely private person who was close to her only brother, Marcello Barone, the Capo of the Italian Mafia.

The sister of Marcello Barone was a myth. There were many stories and rumours around her existence. For there were rumours she was the lost princess of the Italian Mafia. Some would say that they kidnapped her as a child, others would whisper that her family hid her for protection. So much mystery around her presence. Not a single person knew the whole narrative behind Victoria Barone. However, when their eyes met Victoria's, they lingered with mirth and challenge. She was an exquisite jewel amongst the royalty of the Mafia. Many people wanted to possess the Italian beauty.

Victoria's beauty was so radiant that it was almost tangible. Upon first look, it illuminated her face with a delicate, heavenly light. She had deep, round hazel eyes that glowed with an inner warmth. Her deep jet black hair glowed with auburn highlights in the Autumn sun. Her Mediterranean sun-kissed skin glowed. Many people coveted Victoria for her beauty, forgetting that her looks would only be surface level. Victoria was a woman with a high IQ. The way her mind interacted with the world it was fascinating. Her brain formation automatically honed in on her enemy. She could plot prey and attack her opponent within minutes. Victoria's innate ability to predict her enemies' behaviour was uncanny. There were only two men who were aware of her abilities. Her brother, Marcello Barone and her uncle, Giuseppe Barone.

After the demise of her father, Victoria knew it was her time to join the family again. For it had been years. She ignored her role, her responsibility. Victoria knew that she would have to retake her rightful place. For she was the forgotten heir of the Barone family. Her brother was second born, and although he was male, it was still her responsibility. Her father and grandfather before her knew she would one day rise to the throne. Both father and grandfather trained her, neither did they care she was a female. They trained her to be ruthless, to be fearless and to show no mercy. While people would wait for their enemies, Victoria would attack before they stroke; she was a formidable opponent.

Victoria Barone sat at her desk in Sicily. Sicily was not her main base of operation. Victoria loved the landscape of the scilian. horizon. The colours, the views were indescribable. For Victoria Barone loved Sicily and if she could, she would forever stay here. But she loved in Rome, for she was the Capo of the Italian Mafia.

Yes she would normally be referred to as a Donna but no one on the Mafia bar her uncle and brother that knew she was the head of the mafia. Her brother was not someone to be triffled with, he was ruthless. But as siblings they knew each other's strengths and weaknesses. For her brother was strength but Victoria was a woman who had a strategic mind. She could plan, plot and destroy her enemies using psychological warfare. She was not weak, she just knew how to destroy her opponents. The problem with her opponents is that they never realise she is the boss and they miss their shot every time.

In the small office, the walls were intricately decorated with hand-carved wood, and the Mediterranean horizon was visible through the large bay windows, casting a brilliant glow. There Victoria sat in a deep Burgundy office chair. It was a stark contrast against the white linen suit that she was wearing. Her long legs stretched out underneath the large mahogany table. There, her long, pointed red fingernails grazed along the desktop. The room filled with the sound of her nails tapping in a steady rhythm.

Two men sat next to each other in two chairs were opposite the beautiful brunette. Both men were similar in temperament, but a few generations separated them. One of them was old and filled with wisdom, while it the younger one was filled with a sense of vigour and life. There was a definitive relation between the two men and woman. Their mannerisms showed they were comfortable around one another, but their actions showed that there was a hierarchy of respect. Both men in the room were extremely submissive to assertive Victoria.