Chapter Two

Vivian's body-con dress made of a soft, grey fabric that skimmed her curves and hugged her figure, ending just below her knees. She had her golden blonde hair pulled back in a neat, tight ponytail, not a single hair out of place. Her cheeks were a rosy pink and her lips were full and pouty. She looked ethereal. Alec couldn't keep his heated gaze off his wife.

Vivian had just finished serving breakfast and was hovering over the sink as she washed the pan.

"Good morning honey, your breakfast is on the table and I have already fed Edward." She greeted with a small smile on her face.

"Thank you babe." Alec softly pressed his lips to her cheek as he spoke his reply. He made his way to the table, where the warmth of the freshly cooked eggs and bacon enveloped him.

"Anytime honey. I'm sorry I woke you up early. I was hoping you could drop our little Teddy off to nursery today. We could not resolve the issue last night and they've arranged a breakfast meeting to discuss where else we could hold the annual auction." Vivian sighed with tension laced in his voice.

"Relax babe." Alec said between mouthfuls of his breakfast. "I know you will come up with a solution, my wonder woman." He replied with a reassuring smile. "It shouldn't be a problem with me taking Edward to nursery. My first meeting is at ten."

"Your my angel." She walked to her husband, wiping her hands on the soft, cotton tea towel, as she heard him munching on his breakfast. She wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her chin on the top of his chin.

When Alec had consumed his breakfast, she seized his plate, making her way to the sink, where she started cleaning his plate. Alec stood up and grabbed his son in his arms, lifting him into the air as he strode out of the house to his car.

"I love you babe! I'll see you tonight." She shouted over his shoulder before he closed the front door.

_________________

Alec never usually took his son to nursery. It was something that his wife happily did. The only time he had taken his son to nursery was on his first day. He didn't want to miss it because he knew it was a huge milestone. Alec never wanted to miss out on the big moments of his family life. His wife spent the morning in tears, upset that her baby was growing up too fast.

Edward skipped happily beside his father, the warm grip of his hand reassuring as they made their way to his classroom. Alec could see that his attendance had filled his son with energy, his feet lightly skimming the ground with each step. Edward halted in his steps, his little brow furrowed as he looked up at his father's questioning gaze.

"Daddy, is mommy okay?" He murmured.

Alec's brows raised in surprise. His son could sense that something was wrong with his mother, but he couldn't quite put his finger on the issue. He noticed how preoccupied she'd been the past few days, making a note to ask her about it when he arrived home.

"Mommy is fine. Mommy is just a little tired." Alec assured.

As Alec waltzed through the school grounds, he noticed many women's gaze lingering on him and his son. He recognised some parents, as they attended the same events as him and his wife.

"Ah Mr Adams, what a surprise!" The small red-haired teacher greeted at the entrance of Edward's nursery class room.

"Hello Ms Reece." He replied with a curt nod.

"No Mrs Adams today?" Ms Reece questioned.

"She had an early appointment." He politely smiled.

"Ahh, never mind. It's very rare that we see you do drop-off. Little Edward must be so happy."