"Thank you." I stared at him through my tear-filled eyes.

"Come here." He said softly beckoning me to him.

I walked over and took his hand. He pulled me onto his lap and kissed me. His breath was laced with whiskey but I liked it. His hands were so soft, under my jumper and held me so delicately that it was actually making me emotional.

I'm tired of fighting him. I have to move on, I need to free myself of this constant turmoil. I'll be the first to say I haven't been the easiest to get along with. I've been been running from showing any vulnerability because I was afraid If I show him that I can unravel in his hands, he'll pull me apart thread by thread.

His gift reminded me of how simple my life used to be, how simple it COULD be. I went in deeper for the kiss and ran my hand through his hair, breathing in his fiery scent. He held my chin and directed me to turn my head and kissed my mark, and for the first time I let him. I just gathered my hands and played with his collar, letting him know I will obey.....I will....

Before I could complete my train of thought, he slammed me into the table, holding onto my neck tightly almost crushing my windpipe. I tried to undo his grip with my hands but no matter how much I struggled I couldn't help it. I flailed in pain but all I could see in his eyes was fury, blinding hot fury.

"I love you Jai, I truly do but at this point you've caused me too many problems. I wonder if having a mate is even worth it?" He spat, pushing my chin up with his thumb so I couldn't look at him.

"Dom.....i...."

"I don't care if you insult me or spurn me as long as you do it in the confines of our bedroom. But you've undermined my authority in front of my Beta. You have compromised the safety of the pack. I had to threaten Sebastian to buy his loyalty back."

"Gluggg...." I shook as spit accumulated by the side of my mouth and spots danced in my eyes. I could feel my body writhing in pain from a lack of oxygen.

"All this for what? So you could tie me up? I'd have done that willingly if only you had asked."

"Nnnnuuuhhhh" I choked.

I suddenly felt the pressure be released from my throat and air quickly rush into my tired respiratory tract. I coughed and took deep breathes as the urgency to breath in my body passed over me. Before I could fully recover, Dominic sat me back up to face him, looking directly in his eyes. His eyes were red and had a film of wetness over his orbs. His expression was one of extreme hurt and betrayal, which was eating at me.

"That's...not..why...." I managed to push out while massaging my neck with both hands, as Dominic had his hand over the small of my back keeping my upper half erect.

"Then why did you do it?"

"I wanted...you to feel...what I had felt."

"Which is what?"

I coughed up once more and took in a few more deep breathes to finally calm my burning muscles down.

"Pain.."

The silence in the room hung like thick smog, permeating and rotting every surface it could attach itself it. I felt the nervous energy in the room, like a dynamite about to explode.

...

"You think I don't feel pain?"

"No you don't." I laughed. Like seriously this was so hilarious it made my sides hurt. Dominic Varela feeling pain was as outlandish as a flying pig.

"If you felt pain, then you'd listen."

"Listen to what? You didn't say anything to me."