Side Story Faizi -1

Start from the beginning

Faizi walked over and sat opposite him. He smiled and introduced himself: “Hi. Humara naam Faizi hain..”

He spoke in hindi. Karan lifted his head and took a glance at him. But he has no expression on his face after he saw Faizi, it was as if he saw nothing. Then he continued to read his book.  

Everyone was offended on Faizi’s behalf. How dare him? Karan is so rude. But Faizi didn’t seem to mind.  He asked nicely: “Agar tum yeh book aaj read nahi kroge toh kya main yeh borrow kar sakta hoon?”

Karan didn't lift his head: “Agar mera iss book ko  padhne ka intend hi nahi hota toh main isse issue ho kyon karwata? Isliye ki main koi bhid ikatti kar saku to observe me and talk behind my back?” 

Faizi was stunned. 

Because in the short time he sat down beside Karan, he noticed that Karan did read very quickly. The speed of how fast he turned a page was almost unbelievable. At this speed, he would be able to finish 20 books in one sitting. 

Faizi stood up: “Sorry for interrupting you.”

Karan continued to ignore him.

The others were a little disappointed to see him come back empty handed.  Faizi explained to them: “Actually, he is not hoarding all the books for no reason. He does have the ability to read that many books in one afternoon.” He gave a self-depreciating laugh: “ Although it is a slight insult to our intelligence, we can’t blame him for being smart.” 

He said those words with his back to Karan, therefore he didn’t notice that Karan lifted his head to look at him for a while.

The medical students walked towards the exit. Before Faizi walked out, he turned to look at Karan again. 

Karan was a strange and aloof guy.  But somehow, Faizi didn't find him annoying. 

—————

A quiet and peaceful night in Maryland City.

Koel Roy was wearing a strapless blue dress, with her hair tied up in a bun.  She was standing on the balcony of her room. She did not seem to be feeling cold from the cold breezes that came her way. 

After standing there for about ten minutes, she saw a familiar Lexus coming up the driveway.

Kris!” She waved her arms and lifted up the hem of her dress and started to run down the stairs. She met her brother on the way, who mafe fun of her: “Hey hey… be a little more ladylike please. Teri aankhein aaj kal sirf Kris par hi rehti hai.” 

Koel laughed. She thought to herself: Actually, it’s not only ‘nowadays’.  Bhai, since a long time ago, my eyes and my heart only have room for him.

Koel’s parents were sitting in the lounge having a cup of tea. Just as Koel reached the entrance, she saw the servant opening the door for Kris.

He was wearing a white shirt, and a causal suit. He was as handsome as the first day she met him.

Kris was twenty years old. Koel was eighteen this year. 

Thank you for accompanying me to the party.”  She was very ladylike in front of her parents. She acted more mature than her actual age. Well… at least when she was in front of her parents, she does.

Kris greeted her parents. The two families have known each other for a long time. Koel’s parents were very satisfied with their daughter’s choice of companion:Don’t stay out too late. And take care. ”