Part 23

Hey guys thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Raindrops come pelting out of the sky. It's a busy yet somewhat soothing sound as the rain brushes the windows and hit the roof. But it was not enough to calm the anxious minds.

Of course, there was still one person in the Vedic Village resort that was calm and collected. Karan was sitting in front of the monitors, observing the reactions of each staff member of Customer 3 Division.

"Next Pranab hain?" Monami was trying to brush away some of the water vapours that's on her wet garment. She was wearing a blue dress today, similar design to the one Shagun was wearing that night.

"Nahi, that's not necessary." Karan leaned back and rest with hands behind his head, "Un sabke reaction me mujhe sab kuch bta Diya jo mujhe janana tha."

Monami was a little baffled.

He used the earring to force Kushal and Abhijit to admit that they were having s** just so that he can see the reactions of others?

*****

A man's hand, holding a dark blue handkerchief appeared in front of her.

"tumhare baal." Karan said.

"Thank you." Monami wiped off the water drops that are on her face. Karan was staring at her forehead. Her hair, still wet from the rain, is resting on her soft supple skin.

"Don't you feel uncomfortable?" He looked at her.

Monami wondered why he was suddenly interested in her wet hair. He stood up and walked over to her. He took the handkerchief.

- Surely he was not going to dry my hair. A thought flashed past her.

He used his handkerchief to blot up the water drops that hanging at the tip of her fringe. It had a clean cotton smell, as well as a slight warmth that's been transferred from his hand.

And he was looking down at her, with a "can't you even take care of yourself properly?" look on his arrogant face. But his gaze was gentle and warm. The handkerchief was gliding down her face, past her ears, along the cheeks. His slender fingers 'accidentally' touched her skin from time to time.

Monami's face started to blush.

The man ......

What is in his mind as he is doing this?

Just giving her a hand because she can't even do such a trivial task properly?

*****

Karan walked over to the phone. He picked up the receiver and asked Avni's assistant to arrange for a vehicle to send Kushal, Abhijit and Shomik to the resort conference centre. He told them that the investigation is over. They can relax now.

*****

Five people were standing in the pouring rain, in the dark. They were standing on the grass area between Pranab and Debina / Niharika's room. This is Karan 's idea. He will ask a few questions with all of them there. Monami asked him why they had to stand in the rain. To which, Karan replied,"It's harder to hide one's guilty conscience under such circumstances."

Karan was holding a big black umbrella stretching it slightly toward Monami. Monami was leaning towards him as they are sharing the shelter. He looked at Pranab: "Tumhari baari." He talked above the white noise of the rain hitting the ground.