Part 35 Almost kiss

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

Summer was coming to an end.  Autumn colours were beginning to appear on trees. Light and refreshing breezes came through the window into the lounge.

Monami was lying in the sun. There was not much to do.

Karan looked very contented with reading his book. Monami was sure that even if he was the only human left in the world, but there were books for him to read, he would be quite happy to live by himself, without missing much of the social aspects of life. 

She, on the other hand, was bored.  She took out her notebook from the bag. She wanted to read through the ‘lesson on verbal communication analysis’ from last night.  Then she noticed the corner of a pink paper sticking out from the bag. The movie tickets.

She sighed.

She didn’t expect Karan to be able to solve this case in four hours. If it wasn’t for her injuries, they could go and watch the movie. 

Monami put the tickets back in her bag. She opened the notebook and started reading.

After she read a few pages, she felt someone was looking at her.

She looked up. Karan was putting his feet together, and looking thoughtfully at her. 

What’s the matter?” She asked.

He gave her a smile. Then he put the book down and walked into his room, and he closes the door. 

Monami has no idea what he was up to.

His smile. A typical aloof Karan’s style of smile. Like he was telling her: “Woman, I know you too well.”  Has he come up with some new but pathetic theories about woman again?

He opened his room door. 

Karan walked out with his hands in his pockets.  Leisurely.

Monami was confused.

He’s dressed in his suit. Complete with a tie, a nice white shirt and polished shoes. He’s combed his hair nicely too. He was looking very smart in his outfit. 

Monami: “Aap kahin Jaa rahe ho?”

Karan gave her a glance: “Nahi.  I changed into my suit to go to bed.”

Monami: “…..”

Can’t he just answer her nicely for once?

She decided to ignore him and continued to read her book.  It didn't matter where he was going. She couldn't tag along anyway.

But he walked over to her and she heard his voice above her head: “How long are you going to make me wait, Ms. Mahajan?”

Monami looked up.  He has extended his hand out towards her. The amber cuffing on his sleeve glinted in the light. 

“Movie start hone me bahut km time baki hain.”

—————-

It’s the weekend. The cinema was packed and noisy.

Karan hated this sort of environment.  He frowned as he entered. But when he saw the smile on Monami’s face….

Well, if it made her happy, it’s tolerable, I suppose.

When they walked pass the candy bar, Karan took a look at the queue.  They were young man standing in line in a narrow corridor. But their purchases were usually popcorn, energy drinks, etc etc… all the snacks that the girls like to eat.