Part 19 A new world Conquest

Strategy against Other Nations Department, Parpaldia Empire

The flickering flame of candles cast shadows on two men in a dark room.

"...That would be all. The Lourian king was captured by what we believe is the Elysian Army. With no king and no one to reign in the domains, the kingdom is currently in a state of anarchy."

The man reported to his superior, sweating profusely.

"Don't give me this shit. Do you know how much support we gave to the Louria Kingdom? Naturally we'd cover this incident up but if the emperor gets word about this, our department is doomed!!! It's not just you and I but everyone in this department!!!"

"M-My apologies!!!"

"You already know that the aid to the Louria Kingdom was our decision. If everything had gone well, we would have grasped both the resources on Rodenius and our interests there in one go and we would have reported this great achievement to His Grace... We could have silenced the other departments and our prestige would go up but... Now, we have to consider that our lives are at risk!"

The subordinate bowed to the point where his head touched the ground.

"I have nothing to say for myself!!!"

"Still... The Louria Kingdom alone, moreover with our support, could have toppled any uncivilized country. I can't believe it... Just what did the enemy use???"

"About that... We have already ordered our spies to find out more about the Elysian Army but on the day that we gave the order, they seemed to have been caught in a night raid and killed. Unfortunately, we don't know any details about their army."

"Can't we inquire for information from any civilians that have seen the battle?"

"We have... It's just that every civilian we asked all gave the same, ridiculous descriptions."

"Like?"

"The Elysian Army's airpower is primarily composed of iron dragons which surpass the speed of sound and they have shot down their wyverns in a single hit. As for their ground forces, they use iron beasts that possess breaths that mowed down their mounted knights and destroyed 3 gates in one attack. Their explosive magic was able to clear the earth of several tens of thousands of soldiers and its destructive power surpassed what 10,000 great mages could summon..."

"That's already a lot of fabricated imagery! Elysia must have regulated the information that gets out to get civilians to shut up. How sly."

"Do we have to give the information we have to the Foreign Affairs Department?"

"Do you have a death wish? Because you're asking for it! Burn everything we have on Elysia and our records on the support we gave to Louria! Don't leave a single trace regarding our involvement! I don't want any harm on our families and on this department..."

The Strategy against Other Nations Department of the Parpaldia Empire, which had sent support to the Louria Kingdom, had thoroughly covered up the full story of the war started by the Louria Kingdom.

Sios Kingdom, the outskirts of the Third Civilization Area

"This is bad!!! This is bad, You're Majesty!!!"

The Sios Kingdom is an island nation situated on the outskirts of the Third Civilization Area. Out of breath, a civil official entered the royal audience room.

"What kind of matter is it for you to have to hurry?"

The king judged that it might be a matter of urgency based on the official's behavior of bypassing audience protocols.