Part 13 Rodenius War: falling Shard's

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 7, Day 19.

Louria Kingdom Eastern Subjugation Army – Eastern Lords Division – Headquarters.

The event of the major defeat in the naval battle at Rodenius Sea was completely concealed from the frontline soldiers due to a concern that it will demoralize the soldiers. Except, for some high-ranking officers......

The Vanguard Forces of Louria Kingdom's Eastern Subjugation Army had conquered Luska, a Qua-Toynese City and made it their encampement. Vice Commander Adem, who had his authority enlarged due to his military exploit of conquering Luska with only the Vanguard Force, was entrusted with the Eastern Lords Division under his command. In order to expand Lourian zone of control further east, he had demanded the Hawk Knights Order to scout the area ahead.

There was an unpleasant premonition amongst the officers of the Louria Kingdom Eastern Lords Army which was the superior of the Hawk Knights Order.

About 100 men from the 15th Cavalry Squadron, who went for a reconnaissance in force, had disappeared in a location about 30 kilometers east from Luska.

According to the magicians, they seemed unable to detect any trace of magic with Wyvern-level strength. However, there were signs of a battle happened. There were vestiges of powerful attacks of some kind being used, so there was no doubt that the Cavalry Squadron had clashed with something or someone.

Despite no evidence of high powered magics being employed, not a single person from the 100 Knights had returned.

Even if something had happened, they should be able to return, even if it was just a single person.

Although there was a possibility that they were surrounded and annihilated by a larger army, it was inconceivable that a cavalry squadron who excel in mobility could be completely annihilated.

"Something is wrong. Are we really fighting with the demihumans of Qua-Toyne......? What do you think, Washner?"

Count Jean-Philia, who had gathered the Eastern Lords Division, questioned Magician Washner.

Around him, every Lords were present.

"Because there was no reaction on the detector in the magic watchpost, nobody noticed it...... At the very least, we believed that it was not a work of a creature with high magic power like a Wyvern, nor the result a high power magic projection like the concentrated flame balls."

"Then what it is?"

Jean-Philia was concerned because of the fact that a cavalry squadron disappeared without any explanation.

"I think this is a hogwash, but......"

"Don't leave your words hanging. I won't mind it, so please continue."

"Recently there is a rumor among the magicians, but since the details are so overwhelmingly absurd, please take it with a grain of salt."

"Go on."

Washner sighed very deeply and cast his face down as he began to tell what the rumor said.

"The Eastern Subjugation Navy, the Fleet for the Maihark Invasion Force, had a crushing defeat with over 30% of the ships lost. Furthermore, 250 Wyvern Knights, who were heading towards the enemy ship, were also annihilated, so the Maihark Invasion Operations ended in a failure......"

"What...... Annihilated!?"

"You say the Wyvern Squadrons were annihilated?!"

For the Lords who wasn't informed of the battle report since it was outside their jurisdiction, this was like a bolt out of the blue sky.