Part 16: Rodenius War: Counter-Offensive 2

Kingdom of Louria, Capital Jin Haag, Airspace above the Port.

As the Elysium Air Self Defense Force's F/SK-11 fighters from the Rozy East Ejei Base attacked the armed insurgents' port, the Aegis system of Sulaiman detected approaching aerial units. Half of those blips went to the port while the other half seemed to be guarding the Capital's airspace.

The number of bright blips on the radar was 150, which was such an overwhelming number. However, although their number was large, their speed was only about 230 km per hour, and so it can be guessed that these were aerial units with fighting capabilities equal to wyverns that they had shot down in previous naval battle. So their threat was basically: Nothing.

Since the distance from the Capital to the port was only about 40 km, the Air force must have already detected them, but just in case, they notified the F/Sk-11 fighters that were currently flying in the sky and the F/S-15 fighters which were in-flight towards the Capital.

------

About 20 fighters, which took off 30 minutes after the F/SK-11s from the Elysium Base, were flying towards the Lourian Capital's Port. Their objective was to eliminate the aerial units that would probably sortie due to the attack on the armed insurgents' port, secure air supremacy above the Capital's airspace while at the same annihilate any enemy air units.

The F/S-15air superiority fighter which was produced under license by the Elysian Union , based on F-15 developed by the former nation under series of embargo United Arcadia, Local industrial company. With MSIP (Multistage Improvement Program), it was also referred to as F/S-15. The thrust generated from its powerful engine made it possible for the aircraft to have a max speed of Mach 2.5 and an operational range of 1,900 km.

Back on Earth, it had been upgraded many times and were still actively in use.

The squadrons of F/S-15 had already detected a large number of air units deployed above the Lourian Capital and the Port slightly away from the city. The pilots followed the standard operating procedure in a swift and precise manner and prepared to engage the targets.

Their distance to the targets was already less than 100 km and inside the missiles' effective range.

From the radio communicators, a clear order was stated.

"Open fire!"

The solid fuel on the missiles equipped by the 20 F/S-15 began to ablaze.

From both hardpoints under the wings of the F/S-15, the 100 km medium-range missiles were launched and then immediately flying at the Mach 4 speed. With a thunderous roar, they zoomed over the sky to destroy the wyverns that were flying above the Kingdom of Louria.

Kingdom of Louria, Capital Jin Haag, Airspace above the Port.

The 2nd and the 3rd Dragon Knights were flying in a circle to guard over the royal capital. The scene of 100 wyverns flying together was magnificent and the citizen of the Capital had overflowed into the streets to have a glance of their gallant figures.

Thanakane was also there, guarding over the capital together with his seniors.

"Hmm?"

He seemed to take a glimpse of something moving really fast.

Immediately after he moved his line of sight, the senior wyvern, who was flying in front of him, exploded into pieces. The scattered remnants of former human and wyvern fell down, pulled down by gravity.

"Wha-!"

Thanakane yelled his surprise. But that surprise didn't end just yet.

"H-... hey!!"