First contact Part 2

Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 1, Day 27. (January)

Qua-Toyne Principality. A Port North of Trade City Maihark.

The port that was located north from the Trade City Maihark was somewhat apart from the city, but since it was affiliated with Maihark, it was named Maihark port.

At that Port Maihark, there was a base where the 2nd Fleet of Qua-Toyne Principality Navy was wrapped with a tension that was above the usual.

The origin of this tension was the event that happened 3 days ago. A large unidentified object had easily crossed the air defense network of the flying dragon squadron that the Principality's possessed and circled above Maihark. Since it didn't perform any attack, it was conjectured conducting a reconnaissance, but the problem was, the unit was clearly not something from Louria Kingdom.

Moreover there was no report of the existence of that unit in the Major Power of Three Great Civilized Lands, Papardia Empire . In the first place, there is a possibility that it wasn't affiliated to any country. Even so, it was a fact that the Principality had been scouted out by an unidentified existence, which doubled the military's air of tension.

Because the Qua-Toyne Principality's Military was in a state of high alert, every warship were all out for offshore patrol duty. The 6th Flying Dragon Squadron too was tripling their vigilance of their observation network more than ever.

Patrol situation from every direction was routinely reported to Maihark Defense Control Room . There was no any particular abnormality and they didn't detect anything.

"What does Commander Nouka think about the true form of the unidentified object?"

The young officer asked the Commander.

"Hmm... Since I didn't see it, I can't say. It's just, if it was only seen by one Dragon Knight, then that will end no more than an idle gossip. But every member of 6th Flying Dragon Squadron had witnessed it, furthermore, there were eyewitness reports from the Maihark citizen and the Knight Corps. At the very least, the unidentified object surely exist."

Nouka continued his deduction as if he was putting his thoughts in order.

"There is no country in the east, and in the northeast, there are a group of islands with settlements, however from the report, none possessed that kind of unit. There is a possibility that it from Louria Kingdom or Papardia Empire in the Three Great Civilized Lands on the north, but based on the armaments of both countries that had been recorded until now, there wasn't anything that had that characteristic. We couldn't exclude the possibility that it was a newly developed unit, but its shape is radically unusual. My intuition says, it doesn't belong to either one."

"I see..."

The inexperienced young officer, couldn't conceal his uneasiness and dropped his shoulder.

As if instigated by that uneasiness, the communication operator yelled loudly.

"Commander! "

The commander and the young officer's expression was dyed with tension and looked together at the communication operator.

"Report from warship Pima! "(Detected unidentified large ship. Current location, 60km north from Port Maihark. Will approach the ship and perform on-ship inspection)"."

"Large ship...?"

What they discovered was not the unidentified object, so the commander made a doubtful expression. However, it's a safe bet to say that this party had a connection to the aforementioned matter.