𝟏𝟐: 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐰

Start from the beginning

He carefully explains the mission.

Y/n drowns him out, looking through the window of his office space, she always enjoyed this room with how much of the sky she could see. 'I wish I could stand atop an airplane, that sounds so cool.' she thought with a small pout.

She looks back at Mori to see him already staring at her, if anyone else was ignoring him like that, they would immediately die, but not her. She was the exception and everyone knew that.

"Y/n-chan do you understand the mission?" the black haired man questions with no malice, pure curiosity.

She nods. "I understand, don't worry."

'Sneak attack, find a hard drive, kill him, go back home.' Y/n concludes, almost holding her breath. Mori keeps the smile on his face, very pleased.

Dazai stays quiet and still. They all wait in silence for the next words.

"You two may go now. This shouldn't take long."

They walk away side by side before getting to the exit of the Port Mafia. Y/n brushes her dress for any loose dust and adjusts her shoes before walking toward the mission site, not saying a word.

Dazai breaks the silence, "Boss Mori-san seems to like you..." he says, almost teasing.

"Many people say that."

Dazai stares at her, almost taking in her features. "I've heard about you before-"

"Yeah. I've heard about you too."

"All good things I assume?"

"More like all terrible things."

Dazai laughs loudly, "You're funny!"

"I wasn't really joking..." Y/n mumbles, slightly embarrassed as people stare at them. They are in the middle of a crosswalk while getting to their destination.

"But I'm glad to have someone with me, I don't like missions alone." The young girl admits, twiddling her fingers. She really wants to make a friend, she just doesn't know how to. She's used to killing people her own age, not socializing with them!

'Does he think I hate him now?' Y/n thinks, her eyes in distress.

"Woah! That's the most emotion I've seen from you ever!" Dazai taunts with a smile, gazing down at her.

"Oh! You've seen me before today?" Y/n asks, interested.

"Yes Yes! After you came back from a mission!" Dazai expressed. He looked elated to talk about this, it made Y/n feel at ease, maybe he didn't dislike her! Maybe he also wanted a friend! "You were drenched in blood though so I wasn't able to get a good look at you until today, the blood hid your blinding beauty well!" Dazai says, very casually.

The girl wearing a black and white dress frantically looks around, grabbing his arm, and shushes him. "Not so loud. What if someone heard you?" She whispers at him, and feels her cheeks warm.

Dazai rolls his eyes playfully, "No one did! Relax belladonna!"

She raised an eyebrow, 'Belladonna? What?'