𝟏𝟐: 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐰

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

8 years ago...

"I finished my mission." A young girl with blank e/c states with no emotion, staring up at her superior.

"Very good! You seem to be growing stronger each day!" A man smiles at her. She tilts her head, no one seems to smile at her besides this man, does this mean that he likes her? But why? She's heard people say he favours her, but she hasn't thought too much about it.

The young 13 year old nods, and walks away slowly, careful of her footsteps. She doesn't dismiss herself.

"Wait!! You have another mission now, with the new recruit. He's about your age! you can make a friend!" he exclaimed excitedly then pauses briefly. "But only a friend."

She turns back almost shocked, "Hm... I've heard rumours about him, not good ones though..."

The man grins, walking toward her to pat her head. She flinches but pulls herself together and leans into his hand.

"You're a lovely little girl, I'm sure he'll want to be your friend right away!"

"You're right. I should think happier thoughts." Y/n clenches her firsts together, determined. A small flinker of light appears in her eyes, she would love a friend. Every person in the Port Mafia is so old, they don't understand anything! well at least the people she sees around, and the people she gets paired with on missions.

"Great!! That's the spirit! I'll call him in now!!" Mori claps his hands together. "Dazai-kun! Come in!"

When a brown haired teenager walks in wearing bandages, Y/n's mouth opens a little, in surprise or for a greeting, she doesn't know herself. He peers at her as she does the same. He stands beside her without a word.

"Y/n-chan, this is Dazai-kun, Dazai-kun, this is Y/n!" Mori walks back to his large desk and sits down, still wearing a smile, just more relaxed now.