𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

"Honey, it's almost seven thirty you must be out of your bed now

"Honey, it's almost seven thirty you must be out of your bed now."

Mom's yelling disturbed my deep slumber.

I fluttered my eyes open as my Mom's voice floated continuously into my ears. I lazily streched my arms to get rid of the last traces of sleep before starting a new day.

I took a fresh shower and quickly slipped into grey shirt and black fitted trouser as they are the most comfortable clothes that I have in my closet.

I switched on my laptop and checked the mail box. Luckily, two companies accepted my resume and called me for an interview.

I mentally prayed to God to support me this time because more than me my family needed the money.

Living in a city like Pune isn't easy for a middle class family like mine. My father settled down here from Nagpur twenty seven years back and used to work as a clerk in a private firm.

When the firm shut down it was like a thunder fell upon us. My father brought this appartment with his savings and bank loans. Being jobless at the age of fifty lead him to the bankruptcy.

The monthly loans payments as well as the family expenditure made his condition more vulnerable. He had to take up a job of a watchman.

Since then I started doing a part time job at a bakery shop which is on a fifteen minutes walk from my appartment. The owner of the shop is Nirav Joshi, a man in his sixties and my father's good friend.

He runs the shop with his wife but now they are too old to handle everything so, when they asked me to help them, I couldn't deny for heaven's sake.

I grabbed my wallet and opened it to see how much money I had for spending in whole month after subtracting the different bills.

I sighed and closed it as I had only 2500 rupees that I was succeeded in saving for myself.

"Savi, you need a handsome job as soon as possible." I collected all my necessary stuff and moved out of my room.

When I entered in the living room I found my Dad sitting on his favourite chair. His face was dug into the newspaper. I walked upto him and back hugged him.

"Good morning Dad." I kissed his right cheek.

'Morning honey, so kitten is up so early?" He cracked a joke kissing me back on my forehead.

"Umm yeah actually I have a couple of interviews today so." I told him with a smile making my way to the dinning table which is set up in one of the corner of the middle sized room.