Chapter 2 :Dimple!

Wheein was all dressed up

Wheein was all dressed up. She was nervous about the situation. It was clear that Yuna wants to get married to Mr. Kim and wheein wants her to be happy . She does not want to be in a setting where one of them gets choosen. She was sitting on her bed picking at her nails and thinking hard when someone barged into her room aggressively. It was none other than her stepmother. She looked as if she could kill anyone who gets in her way right now. Wheein stood up and waited for her to say something. Her stepmother stepped up close to her and forcefully grabbed her chin, "Jung wheein , don't be so excited. It's Yuna who will get married to Mr. and Mrs. Kim's son. You are supposed to rot. If i see you getting friendly with them , you know what i am capable of. Do you understand me ?"

Wheein was well aware of it. She replied "yes , i understand" in a quiet voice. Her stepmother turned around and left the room, satisfied with her answer. Wheein slumped down to the floor and couldn't stop herself from crying. "Mom , i miss you , why do you have to leave me here all alone ! Oppa , i hate you for leaving me. I hate you ! Please come back. I miss you . " She sobbed.

**

It was finally the time for the Kim family to arrive. Wheein heard a loud honk. She was still in her room. She went towards the window overlooking the entrance of their house. As she was looking at the guests , she spotted a tall man with brown mullet hair step out of the car. He was adjusting his biege shirt. It looked like he had a lean build body. Wheein found herself unable to take her eyes off him. The man was totally unaware of his secret admirer. But suddenly he looked up and his eyes connected with that of wheein's soft brown eyes. The man was as much mesmerized by her as she was , but he kept a neutral face , devoid of any emotion. They gazed at each other for a while , lost in each other's eyes when wheein turned around hastily, all flustered up . She kept her back to the wall beside the window and put her hand on her chest. She could feel her heartbeat getting fast. "What was that ? Why did i look at him like that ?!" She turned back to peek through the window again to check whether he is still there or not but instead she found her family greeting them. He was there too in the middle of sharing a handshake with her father. Then they proceeded inside.

**

Taehyung

"Yes , let's go iniside , it's a pleasure to have you all." Mr. Jung said. I looked back up hoping to see that strange lady by the window but my parents gently nudged me to get inside. My father insisted me on getting married to Mr. Jung's daughter. The Jung and the Kims have been friends for years.I wasn't planning on getting married any time soon. I am still too young for this. But after scaring away every other fiancé i had in the past , they decided to get me into an arranged marriage. In my defense , it's really not my fault. All the other fiancés i had in the past were either too interested in my bank balance or were just there for the social security they got , being with me. As for me the past relationships were always devoid of any feelings. I have never experienced love before and i don't expect to be in love in the future as well. It's always gonna be me and my work.

Mr. Jung introduced me to his daughter , Yuna. She appears to be just like any other girl from rich family. She gave me a flirtatious look while i just looked away. I wonder where is that girl , the one  I saw by the window. Her eyes. Her soft features. Wait ! This is not the usual me. I am not the one to fantasize over a girl. Nope. My thoughts were interrupted when Yuna settled herself beside me on the couch. I slowly shifted towards the other end of the couch maintaining a good distance. "Taehyung , introduce yourself !" My father insisted. "Umm. Hello My name is Kim Taehyung and currently I am working as the CEO of the company that my father owns. It's nice to meet you Sir." I finished. "Ah ! What a handsome man and an intelligent one too. You did raise your son well Mr. Kim. I will be a happy father to be related to your family." Mr. Jung replied. Yuna kept brushing her leg to mine , annoying the hell out of me.

After chatting a lot with the family and Yuna who couldn't stop pestering me with questions about what kind of lifestyle i live and whether i have celebrity friends or not , it was clear that i certainly don't want to get married with her. My father started asking Mr.Jung about his second daughter. Wait he has another daughter too ! Oh god ! No , if she is anything like Yuna , i might be as good as dead. "Ah , yes , she is in her room. Let me call her." Mr . Jung replied hesitantly looking at his wife. Is he scared of his wife or something ?! He then called his daughter. "Wheein ! Can you come downstairs." As soon as he was done, I braced myself to bear another nemesis , but to my surprise it was the 'girl by the window' who was now walking down the stairs.She was wearing a white dress that reached her ankles. Simple, yet so elegant.

My heartbeat got unusually fast. Don't read too much into it , it's beacause of the surprise, nothing else. Why isn't she looking at me ? She has her eyes trained downwards, refusing to make any eye contact. It was only when she reached us, she lifted her head up and greeted us. "Hello , I am Jung Wheein , it's nice to meet you." she has such a soothing voice. Then slowly she turned to look at me . Our eyes collided once again . It was as if she knocked the breath out of me. She is so beautiful. Not the sharp kind of beautiful but the soft kind of beautiful. She has a pretty mole under her eye. She does some kind of magic to me , I am unable to look away from her. I am unable to say anything . I watch her as she slowly part her lips in a small gasp. I am involuntarily looking at her lips now. My mother nudges me in the knee to say something. At that i reply while looking at her , "Hii, I am taehyung."

She smiles at me and a dimple appears on her right cheek. SHE HAS A DIMPLE ! and her smile is so contagious that I find myself smiling back at her.

***
The two asterisks denote the shift to a new scene and my chapters will now be a mix of third pov and a taehyung and wheein pov so that you will be able to get a better insight on both of their characters and how they feel. My chapters will be detailed and not rushed. I hope you liked it and suggestions to improve my writing are highly appreciated. THANKYOU !
-yours pika 💗