Fourteen

Y/n POV

Just over one prolonged week passed since Enzo apologized and I witnessed Sebastian at The Three Broomsticks with Lenora and Adelaide.  I essentially decided to forgive Enzo, but ultimately told him I wasn't interested in anything more than a friendship with him.  He didn't fight me on it, but instead went back to Grace, as he usually did every few months.  I learned from Poppy that they had an extremely toxic relationship, but would always get back together.

Sebastian and I haven't spoken since the night at the Slytherin celebration party.  In the common room and classes we had together, we both avoided each other.  I would notice him every so often give me a stolen glance, but he's been occupied with Lenora and Adelaide.  I was beginning to not be bothered by him anymore, I was starting to distance my emotions.  Since Sebastian has ditched us, Ominis and I have been spending a lot more time together, as Sebastian was giving all of his attention to the girls.

It was a brisk and gloomy Monday morning. I was heading to Nurse Blainey's office because it was time for my weekly appointment.  Running my fingers along the rugged stonework, I wandered down the extravagant corridor.  When I glanced upward the flames of the hung lanterns danced across the large stone walls.  Those same flames forced my mind back to the fiery dream of Sebastian, how I wished it were real. As much as I enjoyed the fantasy my subconscious created, I was worried about what followed, the now repetitive nightmares.  Every single one containing him filled with pure hatred as he would cast all of the unforgivable curses on me, ending it with the killing curse.

As I arrived to Nurse Blainey, she looked at me with her familiar sweet smile and motioned for me to sit in the chestnut colored armchair. "Hello Y/n, have a seat and let's begin our session for today."

I sat down as the velvet material soothed me.  I was feeling much more comfortable talking to her about my trauma and nightmares.  She had provided me with a few vials of dreamless sleep potions at our prior appointment.  She was astonished to hear that I still had nightmares. 

"If you don't mind, would you feel comfortable telling me what these night terrors are about?"  She asked softly.

I took a deep breathe before explaining the horror that would take place in my dreams.  "W-well they start with me seeing an old friend in a field in Feldcroft and his eyes are filled with rage.  All he wants to do is hurt me physically, casting every unforgivable on me."  I trailed off.

She nodded her head slowly with a pained expression on her face.  "Let's try sleeping draught my dear, I think that could help."  She paused reading my face, before questioning me again and her concerned eyes met mine.  "Have you tried talking to this friend about the nightmares?"

"N-no I haven't, like I said in our prior conversations, we aren't really on speaking terms."  I swallowed while I avoided her gaze.

Once again she nodded as she spun her quill in her fingers before writing down some notes.  The rest of our session we practiced some of the coping methods she had taught me.  There was no way I could talk to Sebastian about the nightmares I was having, especially that they included him hurting me.  Even if we weren't bickering I wouldn't be able to confide in him that in my vivid dreams he's using the killing curse on me.  I remember when he had to use it on his uncle for self defense last year, he was filled with regret and guilt for weeks.

I found myself in Charms, once again I entered Professor Ronen's class late.  He gave me a small smile before he continued his lecture about a new incantation.  As I sat in my usual seat next to Poppy, I noticed Sebastian wasn't here, nor was Adelaide.
I rolled my eyes at the thought of them together.  I'm sure Lenora was fuming since her and Sebastian used to be intimate the summer before fifth year.