itoshi rin.

APOCALYPSE
itoshi rin | part one

silence enveloping a dim room, the only source of light was the beam of the moon leaking through the window. you and rin found sitting on the floor, school works scattered around the both of you.

too much work drained you, and your wrist is sore as fuck. the only thing that could light the mood up is a song.

sadly, your phone is also drained like your energy. so you asked rin to play a song to which he agreed in an instant.

soon after he searched for a nice music to accompany both of you, the melody of the song; apocalypse started playing from the background coming from his speaker.

since you're a fan of cigarettes after sex - motivation slowly worked with you and you got back on doing your assignments and take-home-notes.

as rin did the same, you heard him humming the lyrics of the music which you find adorable.

eversince the incident between sae- especially the fact that sae and your other colleague confirmed they were dating; rin stayed by your side and you appreciate him for it.

"your lips, my lips, apocalypse.." you sang along catching the younger itoshi's attention.

a small smile crept up to his lips when he noticed you smiling while singing along. he knew that you like his brother- which is quite painful for him but knowing that there's a possibility he could have a chance with you; he decided to up his game.

"rin, you're staring too much." your words pulled him out of the void of his thoughts.

rin quickly glanced away and looked somewhere else awkwardly. you let out a small laugh, noticing the light blush on his cheeks.

you let him be, and focused on the rhythm of the song. somehow, you felt some connection with rin through the song.

"y/n, do you have a partner for the prom dance?"

rin asked, breaking the moment of silence that came back immediately after his question. you didn't know what to respond because you immediately jumped into conclusions.

is he going to ask you to be his partner for the prom dance? you wouldn't mind but the thought of it did make your cheeks red.

while you're busy with your thoughts, rin raised a brow by how long it took for you to answer a simple question.

"so?"

"uh- nope, i'm not going why?"

"will you be my partner then?"

୭ ✮ ˖ ✶

inside a gym filled with hundreds of seniors dressed in fancy suits and gowns, loud chattering and soft melody is the noise that filled the building.

a lonely (h/c)-head sat across the corner of the place, a glass of juice in your hands while you swirl it around to ease your boredom.

your (e/c)-soft eyes focused on two individuals, exchanging words and laughs.

the ache in your heart still remains, however, you're close to moving on especially with rin by your side. he stuck with you as if you're a magnet.

a familiar presence walked up to you, and you immediately knew who it was.

"rin, you're not dancing?"

the dark-haired friend of yours shook his head as a response. "not when you're here sulking in a corner."

a puzzled expression took place on your face. "what do you mean by that?"

"idiot, do i really have to spell it out? i can't dance out there when my partner is here."

ah, yes. you forgot you agreed to his proposal because you're focused on two figures that are enjoying their own business.

a sad smile crawled up to your face. "right. sorry, rin. shall we?"

he held out his hand and you held it with yours. you expected him to lead you somewhere in the middle of the gym but instead he led you outside under the moonlight.

"why did you lead me here?" you questioned. you didn't mind dancing away from where the crowd is but you were curious to know.

"trust me. it's better dancing with the song i'll play rather than whatever music they're playing inside."

you chuckled at his reason. it was kinda cute.

rin opened his phone and searched for the song that he wishes to dance along with you.

to your surprise (not really), he played the song; apocalypse by cigarettes after sex. honestly, if you think of it - it's like your anthem.

rin took your hand and you both danced under the light of the moon and stars that are watching the both of you share your moment with each other.

it's a sweet sight, and a memory to cherish. and the song added spice to the sweet moment you both will always remember.

ZEI'S CHITCHAT:

omg, this took forever i'm so sorry for the delay 😭