With tears welling in her eyes, she walked away, feeling defeated and hurt by the argument. She didn't want to fight with him, but she also couldn't ignore her feelings of doubt and skepticism.

In the days that followed, Jungwon tried to reach out to her, but Y/n needed some time to process her emotions. She wanted to trust him, but she also couldn't ignore the moments that made her doubt his intentions.

~ Time skip ~

A Fractured Trust:

On Thursday morning, Y/n was still harboring anger and frustration towards Jungwon after their heated argument. She was getting ready for her shift at the dog cafe when she heard persistent knocking on her window. Irritated, she went to the window and, without a second thought, showed Jungwon the middle finger before closing the curtains.

But Jungwon wasn't one to give up easily. He continued to talk to her through the closed window, desperately trying to explain himself and mend the rift between them. He knew he had messed up and wanted to make things right.

"I know I messed up, Y/n, but please just hear me out," he pleaded, his voice full of sincerity.

She was still angry, but something in his tone made her pause. Curiosity got the better of her, and she decided to listen to his explanation.

"I have family issues going on, and it's been overwhelming me. I didn't want to burden you with it, and I reacted defensively when you asked about my phone. I'm sorry, I should've been more open with you," Jungwon explained, hoping she would believe his half-truth.

Y/n felt torn between her anger and her desire to believe in him. She knew he had a hard time being vulnerable, but she also couldn't ignore the doubt that lingered in her mind.

His vulnerability tugged at her heartstrings, and she made a decision. Slowly, she opened the window again, motioning for him to come inside her room. She stood there with her arms open, a silent invitation for a hug.

Jungwon's eyes softened, and he climbed inside her room without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a warm and comforting embrace. For a moment, they stood there, holding onto each other as the tension between them began to ease.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I never wanted to hurt you," Jungwon whispered, his voice tinged with regret.

Y/n felt a mix of emotions, still unsure if she could fully trust his explanation. "I want to believe you, but it's hard, Jungwon," she admitted, her voice wavering.

He tightened his grip around her, silently promising to do whatever it took to regain her trust. "I'll do whatever it takes to make things right. Just give me a chance, Y/n," he said earnestly.

As they stood in each other's arms, they both knew that rebuilding trust wouldn't be easy. It would take time, patience, and open communication. But they were willing to try, knowing that sometimes the most challenging moments could lead to the most profound and transformative connections.

A Whirlwind of Emotions:

As Y/n allowed herself to be embraced by Jungwon, she felt a mix of emotions swirling within her. She wanted to believe his explanation about the family issues, but a lingering doubt still nagged at her heart. Nevertheless, she relished the feeling of his arms around her, finding comfort in his presence.

However, her moment of solace was interrupted when Jungwon's kisses trailed down to her neck. A jolt of awareness shot through her, and she quickly realized that she needed to put some distance between them.

"Jungwon, we need to stop," she said gently, trying to keep her voice steady.

He seemed taken aback but reluctantly let go of her. "Why? What's wrong?" he asked, looking puzzled.

"I have to go to my shift at the dog cafe," Y/n replied, trying to hide her inner turmoil.

Jungwon seemed disappointed but understanding. "Alright, I'll let you go, but I'll come visit you later," he said, giving her a small smile.

As Y/n left her house for work, her mind was still spinning with conflicting emotions. She knew she couldn't avoid Jungwon forever, but she also needed time to process everything that had happened.

During her shift at the dog cafe, she focused on taking care of the dogs and tried to push the thoughts of Jungwon to the back of her mind. However, her heart skipped a beat when he unexpectedly walked into the cafe to visit her.

"Hey, I thought I'd drop by and see you," Jungwon said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Y/n couldn't help but smile at his presence, feeling a mix of happiness and uncertainty. "Hi, it's nice to see you," she replied.

They spent some time talking and playing with the dogs, and Y/n noticed that Jungwon seemed genuinely interested in getting to know her better. Despite her reservations, she found herself enjoying his company.

After her shift ended, Jungwon surprised her by suggesting they go out on a date. Y/n hesitated for a moment but eventually agreed, wanting to give him a chance to prove himself.

To be continued...