"It's okay, Jungwon. You're safe now. They're gone, right?" she said, hoping to reassure him.

He nodded, sniffling. "Yeah, I managed to get away from them, but it just... it got to me," he admitted, sounding defeated.

Y/n gently placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. "I understand. It must have been a really overwhelming situation," she said softly.

Jungwon looked up at her, his eyes still teary but filled with gratitude. "Thank you for being here, Y/n. I know I haven't been the best person to you lately," he said, remorse evident in his voice.

She sighed, conflicted by her feelings for him. "You're right. You haven't. But that doesn't mean I want to see you hurt," she replied honestly.

"I don't deserve your kindness," Jungwon muttered, burying his face in his hands.

Y/n gently turned his face towards her, making him look at her. "Maybe not, but that doesn't mean I won't offer it. We're still friends, Jungwon, and I care about you," she said, her voice soft but firm.

Jungwon's eyes softened, and he leaned into her touch, finding some solace in her presence. "I don't know what I'd do without you," he admitted vulnerably.

Y/n's heart softened, and despite her reservations, she couldn't deny the connection they shared. "You don't have to figure it all out right now," she said, giving him a reassuring smile. "Let's get you some water and help you sober up."

As the night wore on, Y/n stayed by Jungwon's side, making sure he was okay and slowly helping him overcome the effects of alcohol. In those vulnerable moments, they both let their guards down, realizing that despite their flaws and mistakes, they had each other to lean on.

Unexpected Vulnerability:

The morning sun slowly peeked through the curtains, casting a soft glow across Y/n's room. As she stirred awake, the memories of last night came rushing back. She couldn't believe how vulnerable Jungwon had been, crying and seeking comfort in her arms. It was a side of him she had never seen before, and it left her feeling a mix of emotions.

She reluctantly got out of bed and made her way downstairs, wondering what she would find. To her surprise, Jungwon was still sleeping soundly on the couch, looking peaceful and innocent like a child. Y/n couldn't help but smile at the sight, despite her lingering frustration from the night before.

As she quietly moved around the room, Y/n reflected on how much had changed between them in such a short time. Jungwon's reckless, carefree facade had cracked, revealing the vulnerable person hiding beneath. She knew she couldn't ignore what had happened or the emotions it stirred within her.

After making some coffee, Y/n sat on the couch nearby, watching Jungwon sleep. She felt conflicted, not knowing what to make of the new dynamics between them. It was hard to reconcile the flirtatious, confident fuckboy with the broken and vulnerable man she had seen last night.

Eventually, Jungwon began to stir awake, blinking sleepily as he looked around. When he saw Y/n, he sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Morning," he mumbled, his voice still groggy from sleep.

"Morning," Y/n replied softly, offering him the cup of coffee she had prepared. "How are you feeling?"

Jungwon took the cup with a grateful nod, taking a sip before answering. "A little better, I guess. Thanks for taking care of me last night," he said, his tone tinged with genuine appreciation.

Y/n looked at him, studying the vulnerability in his eyes. "You don't have to thank me. Friends take care of each other," she said, a hint of warmth in her voice.

He smiled faintly, his guard still down from the events of the previous night. "I never thought I'd be that kind of mess," he admitted, sounding a little embarrassed.

Y/n chuckled softly. "We all have our vulnerable moments, Jungwon. It's just a part of being human," she said, offering him a reassuring smile.

He looked at her, gratitude evident in his eyes. "You're different from anyone I've ever known," he said, his voice soft and sincere.

Y/n felt her heart skip a beat, unsure of how to respond to his statement. She had always prided herself on being strong and independent, but Jungwon's vulnerability had somehow shifted the dynamics between them.

Before she could say anything, Jungwon continued, "I'm sorry for the way I've acted towards you lately. I didn't realize how much I valued our friendship until last night."

Y/n felt a rush of emotions, her frustration and hurt slowly giving way to a sense of understanding. "It's okay, Jungwon. We both made mistakes. What matters now is how we move forward," she replied, trying to be honest but also forgiving.

He nodded, looking thoughtful. "I want to be better for you, for us," he said, his words surprising Y/n.

As the morning sunlight filled the room, Y/n and Jungwon found themselves at a crossroads, unsure of where their friendship would lead next. The vulnerability they had seen in each other had cracked open their hearts, revealing a deeper connection that neither of them could ignore.

To be continued...