Sara chuckles, nodding as she motions toward the stairs. "Just be quiet so you don't wake up my son."

"Of course," Cassidy promises, ascending the stairs. She found the bathroom, using it quietly, and washed her hands. When she leaves the bathroom, she comes face to face with a small boy that couldn't have been more than five or six. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

The little boy with dark brown curls and big blue eyes shakes his head silently as he clutched onto the stuffed giraffe in his arms.

"Do you need to go potty?" She asks, taking a cautious step toward him, kneeling on the ground in front of him.

"No," he responds timidly. "I'm Simon."

She chuckles at his introduction, smiling back at him. "I'm Cassidy. Do y--"

"Simon," August's voice comes from behind Simon as he runs to his father.

Cassidy smiles, accepting August's hand to help her to her feet with one hand as he scooped his son up with his other arm. "Goodnight, Simon."

"Wait," his small voice stopped her as she sighed, turning back to them. "Will you read to me, Cassidy?"

She glanced at August as he sighed. "I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"He asked you to read to him. You're going to say no to a little boy?" August teased softly as Cassidy's mouth fell open at the blatant manipulation, glancing at Simon to see him frown.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "Alright then." She grabbed Simon's hand as August set him back on his feet. He led her back to his room across from the bathroom and crawled back into his bed. He grabbed a book off his nightstand and handed it to her as she took a seat beside him on the bed.

August hovered in the doorway, watching as Cassidy read Simon his favorite book; I Need My Monster. He smiled as they laughed together before she closed the book. She ruffled his hair before she stood up, her gaze catching on August's as he moved to let her out of the room. He pressed a kiss to Simon's head and closed the door gently. Without a word, he grabbed Cassidy's hand and pulled her into his office.

"August," she warned as he pushed her up against the wall beside the door. He sealed his mouth over hers, taking her warning from her mouth as her hands went instinctually around his neck.

His hands roamed her body slowly as his mouth continued to claim hers. She moaned against his lips, wrapping her legs around his waist as his tongue slipped between her lips. Her hips thrust upward to meet his every touch as she melted against the wall beneath his touch. He groans loudly against her mouth, pressing her harder against the wall as his hand slipped underneath her dress to her panties that were soaked through.

She gasped, tightening her grip on his shoulders as he dragged her panties off, tossing them to the floor as he pressed himself hard against her. She panted heavily against his lips as his fingers slid inside of her.

His thumb rubbed her clit slowly, sending her soaring higher and higher until she could take no more.

"Stop," she muttered as he continued, ignoring her small pleas and attempts at pushing him away. She whined as she felt the orgasm build deep within her core. "Please," she begged weakly, feeling her climax beginning to subside, her body still contracting from the powerful release that overtook her. She moaned softly against his lips as he kissed her deeply. She breathed heavily, her hands flat on his chest, pushing him away.

This time he let her as he removed his hands from her, bringing his fingers up to his lips, savoring the taste of her. "God, I miss the way your pussy tastes..."

"You can't be doing that! Stay away from me, August!" She demands as he chuckles, snatching her panties before she can and shoves them into his top desk drawer.

"Mine," he growls as she glares daggers at him. "I need you," he admits as she turns to leave, causing her to pause at the door, hanging her head down. "I know you need me too. We're drawn together. You can't deny it. You can't deny me."

She whimpers, feeling his breath on her neck as he leaned to press a kiss to the base of her neck. "I can. And I will." She pulls the door open, leaving the room quickly as she tried to compose herself before joining an obviously drunk Joe that barely noticed her missing.

***

Throughout the night, August kept a watchful eye on Cassidy as she intentionally avoided direct interaction. She appeared to be hanging onto Joe's arm, putting on a facade of laughter and feigned interest in conversations. However, he could sense her true feelings of boredom seeping through. A fleeting thought crossed his mind, picturing Cassidy in his office, licking champagne off her naked flesh. Shaking off the provocative image, he cleared his throat and refocused on his wife, Sara, just as the countdown for the new year began.

Putting on a facade of their own, August smiled at Sara, fully aware that their own relationship was as much of a performance as Cassidy's act. He leaned in and kissed Sara, but his gaze was irresistibly drawn back to Cassidy, who was sharing a New Year's kiss with Joe across the room. Their eyes locked for a moment, and an intense desire surged within him. He clenched his fists, yearning for Cassidy's first kiss of the year to be with him. In that moment, he realized he wanted more than just a momentary encounter with her; he wanted Cassidy to be his, completely and unequivocally.