THIS HEAT IN MY TOES, THE CHURNING IN MY STOMACH

Rose was stunned. Hyacinth, a girl she had always known as selfish and brash, had just bravely sacrificed herself to save the pitiful child that she'd teased her whole life. The room finally stopped shaking. The tears began to flow once again. "She- I-". Still on her stomach, her arm over the edge, Rose looked at her bloody hand dangling over the side. The stream of tears intensified, dripping onto her hand, and beginning to loosen the dried blood. Rose began shaking, and clenched her fist. But I'm not done yet.

Rose used her legs to pull the rest of her heavy body back onto the platform. She slowly turned onto her side- the horns on her back keeping her from lying flat- and sat up. She wiped the tears from her eyes, unintentionally smearing blood on her face. Hyacinth... I won't disappoint you again.

Rose stood up, shaking with rage, crying. Her face plate ripped apart at the jaw with a soul-shattering scream built of agonizing memories, revealing her gritted organic teeth between the two halves of the platinum plating still making up her face. She tore across the bridge at a speed her body shouldn't have been able to move.

Nothing matters anymore.

A right, and two lefts

Why am I doing this?

Up a flight of stairs

Why don't I just die?

She couldn't stop. She had to keep moving. Following nothing but her gut, she ran for miles, trailing tears and blood behind her, the remains of her arm bleeding again due to her hyper-accelerated heart rate. The environment around her got warmer and warmer, until she came to a dead end in a circular chamber marked 'GETHSEMANE'. Mouths and eyes protruded from the walls surrounding her, twitching and pulsating. Her mind was so scattered that she didn't even notice the audible, physical pounding of The Shell- of Inri's titanic heart, beating once again after an eternity. Rose stopped running, but the tears still came.

In front of her was a glowing white lift with only one button. She stepped onto the lift, rammed her fist into the button, and felt it begin to move.