DENIAL

The towering and voluptuous Aorta spoke in a voice slightly too high-pitched to match her stature, "Holy shit, it's really you! God, you're an elusive fucker, aren't ya?"

[Hyacinth]

Rose was a quiet type. A careful type. A type to always kick her tires before leaving, a type to always lock her bedroom or bathroom door even when she knew she was the only one home. Hyacinth, it seemed, was the complete and total opposite.

"How ya been?" I forgot how much of a potty mouth she had. Rose went to reply, "My head-" "Yeah yeah, I was like that too for the first few hours. Fuckin' sucks. Don't worry, shit clears up pretty quick," she spoke with rapid confidence, as if she had been sentient forever.

"Hyacinth?" Rose asked. "Yeaahh?" "Why do you look like that?" She really was massively tall, nearly two full heads taller than Rose, and with huge breasts and thick thighs, spilling out of a skimpy, pink string bikini top and bottoms accented by pink twin tails that she twirled the tip of with her finger while asking, "Oh what, you haven't figured out the shape-changing stuff yet?" "Shape changing?" Rose looked puzzled "Yeah! Your body changes based on how you see yourself."

Rose closed her eyes and thought hard. She began to lose consciousness before being pulled back as her body changed. Her form shrunk as two long, slender, smooth, and rigid horns grew from her shoulder blades, pointing towards the ceiling. Hyacinth looked on in awe as a whispered "wooahhh..." escaped her lips.

"So", Rose asked after regaining her composure and releasing the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding, "Why do you look like a cheap Russian prostitute?" "Ahh pfft! Fuck off!" The two laughed together, joy resounding in the halls of The Shell for the first time ever.