DEPRESSION

Rose sat, curled in the fetal position against the wall as Hyacinth stood silently, looking down at her with a neutral expression. Rose's arm had stopped bleeding, leaving the hall a void of sound. "Rose", Hyacinth said softly, "There was nothing we could do, we had to leave him." Rose was silent, forcing Hyacinth to speak again "I-" before being cut off by Rose's now fried voice "This was my fault, all of it... I- I should've... I-""Listen to yourself" Hyacinth said mournfully, "Of course this wasn't your fault, this can be blamed on no one. All of us wanted the truth, we all agreed to work together." Rose was motionless. Hyacinth leaned her back against the wall, and slid down beside her, sighing. "I feel just as horrible as you do. I just..." Hyacinth motioned with her hands, "Stood there, watching, despite having my weapon already in my hands. I could have... disabled Heather, without killing him. If I had the balls. I just did nothing, I didn't... I didn't try to change the situation, even if I could have made it better... Rose..." The silence broke as a teardrop hit the floor, "I fucked up really really bad." Hyacinth's voice was shaking. After a moment, she took a deep breath and cleared her throat, "But I know we can get through this. Going home, reaching our goal, we can still do it." Hyacinth reached over to Rose's knee, and gently took her hand in her own, "We'll do it together"