“Whoa, you just got the biggest teacher’s pet to willingly skip class.” He said admiringly.

“Yeah, I’ve got super mega awesome skills. It’s ok to be jealous-I know Lee is,”

“Hmmm, I can see why you’re friends with her. You’re just like her.”

“And for the record Zack, I’m not jealous. In fact, you should be jealous of this,” I said, motioning to myself.

“Yeah right, in your dreams Lee Lee,”

“Don’t call me Lee Lee,” I said.

“Whatever you say babe,” he replied, grinning like a maniac. I just sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever can we go now?”

“Wait! Why does he get to call you ‘babe’?” Ian asked, complaining like a little child.

“’Cause he’s my friend, unlike you,” I said, walking away.

“Well, that’s not fair,” Ian muttered before going to class.

“Just for the record, you’re not allowed to call me ‘babe’ either,” I said.

“That’s not fair,” Zack said, pouting, “Who was that guy anyway.”

“That, my friend was the oh so famous, Ian Hawk.”

“Oh, he’s hotter than I thought he would be.”

“Um Zack?”

“Well, you know what I mean, he has nice hair, and eyes.”

“Zack you sound so gay right now, it’s kind of scaring me.”

“True, but still admit it, he’s attractive.”

“He’s not Zack.”

“Well, he’s not if you compare him to me, ‘cause I mean c’mon. Nobody can compete with me.”

“You are so full of yourself,” I muttered.

“And that’s why you love me in a kind of brother-in law way.”

“But you’re not my brother-in law,” I pointed out.

“Eh, details details, do they really matter?”

“Yes. So, where are we going anyway?”

“You’ll see.” Zack said, smiling mischievously.

We headed up toward the boy dormitories and came to a stop outside a window.

“What are we doing here Zack? I’m not even supposed to be in this part of the school.”

“Because, my dear young blue jay, there is an emergency exit right through this window.”

I put my hands on my hips and looked at him in disbelief.

“And how would you know that?” I asked.

“Because I pay attention. I saw it on my way in.”

“Huh, I never noticed it before,” I muttered.

“I know, that’s what makes me a soaring eagle while you are just a little blue jay.”

“So is this emergency exit easily used by people who have concussions?” I asked.

“Well, um, I don’t really know. I guess we’ll find out.”

I sighed in impatience. Was it really worth skipping class and risking my life on some emergency exit? Probably not…was I going to do it? H*** yeah. I pried open the window and spotted the long, flimsy looking staircase. I swallowed my fear and started making my way down the stairs, Zack close behind me. We finally reached the ground and I collapsed gratefully.