twenty nine

Caine

The Beyala Roza was more packed tonight than usual. Bodies were everywhere, grinding on one another like animals in heat. I'm sitting in a private section diagonal to the packed dance floor on the lower level of the club.

I'm also being forced to entertain conversation with Declan Connell and some of his close advisors. Connell ran part of the Irish mafia in Chicago and was a peacemaker of sorts for the Bravta and the Irish. The two gangs hadn't always gotten along, but with the rise of Vlad, it was in both mine and Connell's best interest for us to draw a truce. Vlad's taint had spread to other part of the world, including with Connell's territory.

Connell had requested an in person meeting to discuss some property I owned in Chicago. The properties were mostly out of use warehouses and had no real value to me. I had bought them simply
to piss off the Italians who were a constant pain in the ass. I had agreed to sell Connell two of the four properties in exchange for his full support in the take down of Vlad. He had readily agreed. He and a few of his men had flown from the city to Moscow to sign our contract.

Connell was a man in his mid forties, with light blonde hair and evergreen eyes. He had been a well known criminal in the underground world before he was crowned king of the Irish mob. Connell knew how to undermine the craftiest of bastards and was not someone you wanted on your bad side.

"It's true what they say." Connell says in his thick Irish accent. He's lounged back on the seat, puffing on a cuban cigar. "Russian women are rare jewels." He releases on a puff of smoke. "Just take a look at that one." He gestures with the cigar, pointing towards the staircase leading down to the lower level of the club. "I'd like to bend that one over." My eyes follow where Connell is pointing. My body goes completely still. I have my glass of cognac half raised, my eyes peering over the rim. The American. She's wearing a skin tight blood red dress, her lips painted to match. The LEDS are reflecting off her long silky strands that I've imagined wrapping around my hand so many times. She's got a sexy smirk on her face, those dark eyes roaming the dance floor. I want to shatter the glass in my hand and use a shard of it to stab Connell in the fucking eye for his comment, but he's already moved on to assessing other women. I'm still hyper fixated on the woman who possesses my rationality. She struts to the bar and orders herself a drink, giving the bartender that devious smirk of hers. My teeth are clenched so tight I'm afraid my jaw might crack. The urge to throw her over my shoulder and run home is all I can focus on, but I stay rooted to the spot, my eyes never leaving her figure. She takes a few sips of her drink and then glides out to the dance floor.  The music is a slow sensual beat, she sways her hips along to the rhythm, melding in with the rest of the horny air headed people out on the floor. As if I'm watching it in slow motion, some guy appears out of the crowd, his greedy gaze landing on the American. He squeezes past people to stop short directly behind her. She's still swaying to the music, her hands trailing up and down her body. The guy latches his front to her back and grinds into her. I expect her to turn around and slap the shit out of him, but she doesn't even falter. She just allows him to grind on her, as his hands land on her hips. A boiling rage bubbles in my chest. I slam the glass down on the table, startling Connell and his men. I shoulder past people roughly, my eyes only focused on the hunched fucker who's begging for death a sentence. I grab his shoulder and jerk him back. He stumbles backwards but quickly rights himself. He's shorter than I am, but stocky. Still no match for me and my rage.

"Kakogo khrena?" What the fuck? He stammers. I grab him by the collar of his shirt, lifting him off his feet.

"Dayu tebe tri sekundy, chtoby ubrat'sya otsyuda k chertyam, prezhde chem ya prostrelyu tvoy bespoleznyy mozg." I'm giving you three seconds to get the fuck out of here before I put a bullet through your useless brain.