Ch. 24 *Someone In The Shadows*

*1 week later*
LUNA

After dinner with my family, I decided to go to the boardwalk to see if I can find Star, or possibly Marko.
I've seen Marko a few times since that night we became boyfriend/girlfriend. But they were quick hello's, a couple kisses, and then goodbyes.

We agreed to keep our relationship for the time being a secret from David and the others.
Though when it comes to my parents...

How in the world will I tell them that my first boyfriend is a vampire?
They would never believe it.
That or they would keep us apart...

I can already hear my Mother's ranting...

Things just got a little more complicated for me.
But for Star, it's even worse.

"You're what?!" I shout, before Star quicky shushes me, throwing a hand over my mouth before looking around at our surroundings for unwanted ears.

I push her hand away annoyed.
Star sighs. "Yes, it's true. I'm dating Michael."
My jaw drops.

How long has this been going on?!
And what about David finding out?!

As if she read my mind, she begins to answer all my questions.
"I started dating Michael the night of my birthday, and I've managed to keep it secret for three months. And as for David..." She pinches the tips of her fingers, biting her bottom lip.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Surprisingly, he hasn't touched me, nor told me that he loves me since that night of the birthday," she smiles softly, "he told me that he doesn't want to force me to do anything that I don't want to do."
She takes my hands. "Isn't it wonderful?"

No, it's not wonderful.
It's seriously suspicious.
Why would David suddenly drop everything...right when Star and Michael become a couple?

It screams suspicion.
As if he knows about there relationship.
Still, Star is happy, and she's smiling so wide.
I don't want to put something in Star's head that's most likely not true.

I nod, smiling as well.
"I'm happy for the both of you."

She giggles, twirling a strand of her curly hair as her cheeks blush bright pink.
This is her first real boyfriend.
I'm so happy to see that she's happy...

"And you?" Star asks, breaking me from my train of thought, "anything exciting?"

I almost tell her about my relationship with Marko, but I bite my tongue.
He asked me to keep it a secret, and I don't want to break his trust.

I shake my head. "Nope, nothing new."
She purses her lips, and I glance at the watch on my wrist, gasping at the time.

Shit it's late! I need to get back home!

"Luna?" She furrows her brow.
I look at her. "I'm sorry I need to go, but..." I trail off, swallowing.
This is something that's been on my mind for months.
And now I think it's time that she sees it.

She stares at me in silence, and I gently take her hand.

"I want to show you something."