(BONUS CHAPTER)

MICHAEL

"...I was thinking maybe we could- hey, Mike?" Sam snaps his fingers in front of my face. "Mike?!"

"Huh?" I glance at him, yanked away from my daydream. "What's up?"

Sam furrow his brow. "You're acting weird tonight. Are you doing something? Inquiring minds want to know."
"Shut up," I say to him, pushing myself off the chair and stretching.

It's pretty late. Nearly midnight.
I have an early shift tomorrow too, but still tonight was worth it.
Knowing I got to finally meet Star...

I blush thinking about her.
She's a shy girl, but very sweet, and very pretty.
Sam stares at me a moment longer, before realization sinks in.

"Ahh," he smirks, "you're thinking about a girl aren't ya?!"
I don't answer.
"Come on you're thinking about a girl," he pushes me playfully, "I'm at the mercy of your sex glands bro."

"Sam," I exhale, annoyed, turning towards him.
"Don't you have anything better to do then bother me?"

"Nope," he takes a comfortable sit on my bed. "So, who you thinking about?"
"No one," I mumble, accepting the fact that I most likely won't have some time to myself.

A few moments pass, until Sam speaks again.
"Is it Luna?"

"No!" I say, shock written all over my face. "Sam, can you just go please?"

"Jeez," he jumps off my bed going towards the door I'm holding open. "You're a grump."
"Goodnight Sam," I close the door behind him, sighing softly before I go to my bed and lay down.

I just got home half an hour ago, but the entire time she's been on my mind.
I can't wait to hang out with her again, but...maybe, should I try and impress her?

What would impress a girl like that?
I furrow my brow. I'll have to think hard on that.
Still, I have a few moments to spare to relive the moments at the diner.

I blush.

I've had crushes on girls in the past, but none have really struck me like Star did the first moment I saw her.
There was something about her that...really took my breath away.

Hopefully, I won't screw this up and lose this.
I want to take things slow, of course, but if she one day feels the same as I do, then I'll take it a step further.

For now though, patience is key.

***
MARKO

I sit upside down on the cave wall, fingers delicately tracing the grooves of the stone.

I can't get Luna out of my mind.

I know I swore that I wouldn't allow myself to give in to the Mating Bond but...It's hard.
Especially with the way she smiled at me, and touched my shoulder. 

I sigh deeply, my shoulders slouching forward.
Why did I agree to hang out with her?
It only made this Mating Bond worse...

Now that she's away, it stings.
It really, really, stings.
I throw a hand over my heart, feeling it beat a little harder then usual.

Why did it have to be Luna of all people?
It couldn't have been someone else?
Instead, my mate is the little human sister to the girl whose mated to David, our leader?

How complicated.
A complicated, love story.
No, I don't love Luna...

I like her.
I like her a lot.
But still, she'd never feel the same for me.

How could she fall for a vampire?
Even if I did fall in love with her, she'd never fall in love with me.

It's not possible.

I bury my face in my hands.
It's not possible to hide away from her, not while her sister lives with us.
And I can't just approach her and say 'Hey! You're my mate. Were meant to be together until the end of our lives.'

She'd hate me.

So what do I do?

I guess the only thing I can do is see where this goes...