ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴋᴀʀᴍᴀ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ

chapter nine: karma's a bitch"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, right?"☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, right?"
☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Olivia Swan had three regrets in life. The first one occurred when she was four. Her father had flown to Phoenix for a visit. Charlie managed to get four days off from work as he wasn't Chief at the time and took the chance to see his daughters. On the last day, they dropped Charlie off at the airport and walked him to his terminal. Ollie burst into tears and latched on to her father so he couldn't leave. Charlie's heart broke at the sight of his little girl sobbing so he brought her to the gift shop and told her to pick out any toy she wanted. Only two caught her eye, a plush tabby cat and a plush grey dog. Untimely, she chose the plush tabby cat and after paying for it, Charlie kneeled to her level and told her that the plush toy would be a reminder of him. That if she ever missed him, she could hug the toy and he would feel it. So when Charlie entered the gate for his flight, Ollie hugged the plush cat so hard her muscles became sore. A day later, the plush toy was in shreds. At the time neighbor had a greyhound and the dog did not like cats so her toy fell victim. If she had picked out the grey dog then maybe the hound would have left it alone.

The second was the summer before her 16th birthday. Ollie had extended her trip to Forks by "missing" her flight back to Arizona and wasn't able to fly out for another two weeks which would be just in time for school. Charlie had managed to contain Renee's wrath by promising to take her school shopping. She was in this thrift store when a boy approached her and began to flirt with her. He was tall, at least 6'2 -- which made the 5'10 girl giddy -- and his russet skin paired with dark eyes almost made her swoon. He was gorgeous, to say the least. She returned the flirtation but after a few minutes one of his friends called out for him and he said goodbye to her, claiming that he'd see her around hopefully. Ollie had wanted to stop him so she could get his phone and enter her number but she remembered who was in Phoenix. Ollie's feelings for Dakota had been growing over the summer and they never said they were exclusive but Ollie was a loyal person. She didn't shout for him to stop and she never saw him again. Ollie wondered has she had called out for him if she had been saved from the heartache Dakota would cause her.

It had been a week since the third. Not from word from Bella, her twin would actively ignore her and have even left her at home on a school day. Ollie had tried to apologize numerous times as she knew although her words were not aimed at Bella, they still hurt her. Olivia had beat herself up all week and her sister only made it worse but she deserved it. She thought about becoming an ostrich and shoving her head into the dirt so she could escape the world. Every time she thought about the argument she couldn't believe she had said the things she did. It was like some monster possessed her body that wanted to give her a giant fuck you. But it wasn't some angry monster nor could she escape the world, it was all her and she would woman up. Ollie just hoped Bella would talk again to her so they could have some sort of resolve.