ᴏɴᴇ: ғᴏʀᴋs

chapter one: forks  "Good to be back, Dad

chapter one: forks
"Good to be back, Dad."
☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

     Olivia and Isabella are twins, this much is obvious. From the dark brown hair to their pale skin. But that was just their looks, everything else? Complete and total opposites.

Bella is shy and awkward. Ollie is loud and a social butterfly. Bella likes the heat and sun, she likes Arizona. Ollie likes – no loves – the cold and rain, she loves Forks. That's probably why Olivia was so excited when their mother told the girls they were going to live with their father while Phil and herself were traveling for their stepfather's career.

And that's where the set of twins find themselves, outside their terminal, waiting for their plane to be called to load.

Renée had tears streaming down her face while having her girls in a bone-crushing hug. Olivia and Bella looked past their mother's hair, sharing an uncomfortable look. Neither of them liked hugs.

"Okay, uh. Mom?" Ollie spoke.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Renée asked through her sniffles.

"We are suffocating," Bella finished in a whisper.

The older woman let out an apology as she let her darling teens out of the hug. Olivia wasn't entirely sure why their mother was crying, it wasn't like they had a good relationship.

The girls loved their mother – this much is true – but she wasn't very present. It was Ollie who cooked and Bella who cleaned. Bella did the dishes while Ollie did the laundry. Despite being married for a while Renée still seemed to be in the honeymoon stage. Olivia and Isabella hardly ever got any attention from their mother growing up, hence why they were connected at the hip.

Bella shuffled her weight from one foot to the other while Ollie tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. They shared a look.

Why the actual fuck is she crying? Olivia thought to herself. Bella reading her facial expression shrugged.

Their mother wiped her cheeks of the remaining tears and inhaled through her mouth. Keeping the air in, she looked at her two daughters and took a hand for each. "Say the word and we'll take us with you."

"We won't change our mind, Mom," Bella answered for the both of them.

"You might. You've always hated Forks," Renée acknowledged Bella. She knew how her oldest felt about Forks.

"It's not that, it's just," she paused to look at her sister, "I want to. I want to be closer to Char– Dad." Ollie internally cringed at the correction.

Bella gave Olivia a light smile and said, "Ollie's got a gut feeling." The former gave a hopeful smile, her mood changing instantly knowing her sister believed her.