"I'm fine, just having a little jet lag. It's morning right now, it's at night in Korea isn't it?"

"Orh... it's hard that the timezone's different," Taehyung said, "Anyways why am I the one calling you first? Didn't I tell you to call me? This punk..."

"Araseo araseo, I'm sorry. I was taking a nap. The plane was uncomfortable so I couldn't sleep in the plane," I answered.

"Whatever, my parents are home so I'll be having dinner with them now. Don't forget to call me later."

"Yeah alright, annyeong," I said to him and we both hung up. I smiled and put my phone aside.

I went down to the kitchen and saw my mom setting the dining table. I gasped when I saw the table was full of Korean cuisines.

"You cooked all these? Eomma jjang! (Mom's the best!)" I exclaimed and quickly took a seat. Mom softly laughed and sat opposite me.

We started eating our breakfast when my dad suddenly talked. "Hyejin ah, you can start school tomorrow. I've registered you in a high school not far away from here, I'll send you to school tomorrow."

"But appa... I'm still new here..." I said, trying to get my dad give me more time to rest before I enter school.

"You're new, and that's why you have to quickly make friends and learn more about the people around U.S," Dad said to me.

I sighed and just stuffed a spoonful of rice in my mouth.

After eating, I went into my room and continued unpacking my stuff. Honestly my things didn't fill much around the room since my room was really big. Once I was done, I threw myself on the bed. Many thoughts still bothered me. I don't know if I can adapt with the people here. I don't know if I can make friends since I'm an awkward person, I didn't even make much friends back in Korea.

I spent the rest of my day caged in my own room and watching K-Dramas instead of preparing myself for school the next day.

***

"Hyejin ah, wake up! You need to get to school already!" Mom called me. I woke up and stretched. I groaned at the thought of having to go to school. I took heavy steps to the shower and quickly got myself ready. I went to grab my bag when suddenly my phone beeped - it was a text from Taehyung.

"Annyeong. How are you? What are you doing? Can I call you? Do you miss me?"

I chuckled at him asking me many questions.

"I'm doing fine. I'm heading to school now so I'll call you next time, alright? And yes I miss you, alot." -Hyejin.

With that, I walked out of the room and went down for breakfast. Minutes later, I got a reply from Taehyung.

"Ah... araseo. I miss you alot more. All the best for school, 화이팅! (Fighting!)" - Taehyung.

I smiled and continued eating my breakfast before I went to school.

***

School was finally over and it wasn't so bad. I met a Korean girl, and she was friendly. But it was just awkward because I didn't really understand much about what everyone was talking about since they talked too fast in English.

Anyways after school, I quickly headed home and ran into my room. I sat on my bed and turned on my laptop. I went on Skype and Taehyung was online. I was about to send a video call request to him but he already did before me. I fixed my hair and checked how I looked on the mirror before I accepted the video call request.

"ANNYEEONNGGG HYEJIN!!" He shouted and waved his hand when he saw me on the screen.

I laughed and looked at him. My eyes were filled with tears of happiness. "Annyeong Kim Taehyung!"