Chapter 7

The next day came and we were all back from break. Unfortunately, the next lesson's gonna be Arithmetics.

Mrs Jung came into class, we greeted her but I didn't once look at her. I was afraid she was still thinking of the wrong idea about yesterday.

Mrs Jung was just collecting homeworks when she came to my table. "Thank you for completing your work, Ms Lee Hyejin," she said, "or you'll go to the same detention room as that guy over there, again."

She looked over to Taehyung whom was already sleeping with his head on the desk.

The lesson continued for a good hour and it finally ended. We all stretched and sighed when the next teacher comes in. Humanities, ew.

"Hello there students," Ms Gil greeted us cheerfully. "Alright today you'll have to get in pairs for a project."

Everyone exchanged glances, targeting who to be partners with. I looked at Mina, my one and only bestfriend whom I always end up with for pair-works.

"...But, the pairs will be decided by me," Ms Gil said and everyone groaned.

"...Jimin and Hoseok, Jungkook and Mina, Jin and Tiffany, Yoongi and Namjoon... Now who doesn't have a partner?"

I awkwardly raised up my hand, and looked around the class to see if anyone's available. Well, unfortunately, yes.

"Alright, Taehyung and Hyejin," Ms Gil said, "but just don't fight."

We both had our jaws dropped.

I doubt he'll do any work.

"No way!" Taehyung shouted.

"Everyone get into your pairs and I'll start the briefing for your pair-work. This is graded for the mid year's," Ms Gil instructed.

Some were happy with their partners, while some were awkward being partners with someone they never talked to, and then there's me and Taehyung not even taking a step towards each other for the pair-work.

Then suddenly, the chair beside me was dragged out.

"Hi."
"What," I said, annoyed after realising it was Taehyung sitting down beside me.

The briefing was on and on, Taehyung was already sleeping and my eyes were gonna close but I had to listen because I knew I'll be the one doing all the work.

"...so this is due by Monday," Ms Gil said. "You can start discussing now."

I realised it's a Friday. I only have today and the weekends to finish it. I sighed. "Yah! Kim Taehyung!" I woke him up with a smack on his back.

He wiped his drool and squinted his eyes while looking at the clock hung on the wall. "Class is not over yet, let me sleep," he said and put his head back on the desk to sleep.

"Yah! You pabo we're supposed to discuss about the project!" I smacked him once again and he got up.

"It hurts okay!" He said and tried rubbing his back.

"Hurry up and plan something," I said and took out a pen and paper.

He chuckled, "You do it all."

He stood up from his seat and walked away.

"Yah, yah yAH YAH!!" I wanted to chase after him but he already left the class to go to the washroom.

I sighed, it will be a tough project.

***
The final bell rang and we were all dismissed.

I went to my locker and Mina came along with me.

"Jungkook's my partner ommo!!" Mina squealed. She had been crushing over Jungkook for about a year. Well, actually she crushes on many other guys.

"Finally! We're fated!" She said and brought her hands to her heart, being all dramatic.

"Tsk, whatever. I'm stucked with V and you're here happy to be partners with V's friend," I said and slammed my locker shut.

"Yahh... Jungkook's not like Taehyung okay! He's lovely eventhough he's friends with that bad boy," Mina said. "But actually, Taehyung's kinda fine too."

"ARE YOU CRAZY," I stared at her.

"Whaat? Bad boys are hottt..." she smirked.

"Oh cmon Mina," I said, "I'm off to find that burning flaming hot drought boy you're talking about to discuss about the project," I said and left her.

**

I slightly opened the door and peeped inside the detention class. There, Taehyung sat alone, doodling on a piece of paper.

I cleared my throat and he noticed me. He quickly kept the piece of paper in his bag and glared at me.

"What do you want?"

"We're supposed to discuss about the project," I said.

"Ugh, no," he said and put his head on the table. "There's weekends."

"I doubt you'll come and meet me to discuss about a school project on a weekend," I snapped at him.

"Whatever, you do it all I'll just give ideas. What are we supposed to do?" He asked.

"The history of Korea, we've got to talk about Korea generally and talk about certain histories and how it has developed, blahblahblah," I explained.

He yawned, "Boring."

"Just co-operate with me once! It's graded!" I shouted at him.

"Can we just discuss tomorrow? I'm having a bad headache," he said.

"Like you will meet me tomo-"

"Yes I will," he said. He put out his pinky finger. "I promise."

I looked at him. "Really Taehyung, you pinky promise on such things? You're weird."

"I just want you to believe me," he said.

I broke into a smile and locked pinky fingers with him, and he gave me his rectangular-ish smile.

"So can I sleep now?" He asked.

I nodded and walked to the door.

"Hyejin-ah," he called.

"What?"
"Can you stay?"

I became puzzled. "For what?"

"I feel sick and lonely," he suddenly said.

I wanted to go home but I felt sorry for the sick Taehyung. He looked pale and seemed to be really having a headache. I went to him and sat beside him.

A poison and medicine you are.