Chapter 38

"Lee Hyejin are you ready?" Mom called for me from the living room.

"I'm cominggg," I answered. It was early in the morning when I finally had to move out. I grabbed my handbag and dragged my luggage, walking out of my room and I saw my parents waiting for me at the door.

"Let's go. You didn't leave anything behind right?" Dad asked me and I nodded. My parents stepped out of the house and I slowly followed after them with a heavy heart. This is it, I'm never gonna see this house ever again because it's getting sold off.

"Hyejin hurry up, we can't be late or we'll miss our flight," Mom called for me urgently. I quickened my steps to the gate and stepped out. Mom locked the gate and I took a last glance at the house, trying my best to hold my tears. Mom noticed, and she patted my back to cheer me up.

We took a cab to the airport and reached about 6. It was an hour before the flight and we waited patiently before the departure. I couldn't help but tear up, still not believing the fact that I'm leaving Korea.

Soon, I finally boarded the plane when suddenly I received a text on my phone. It was from Taehyung.

"Have a safe flight, remember to call me."-Taehyung

I smiled, feeling a little cheered up after reading his text message.

"Thanks, don't be late for school. I have to go now, annyeong."-Hyejin

***

Hours later the plane landed safely. We got out of airport and looked for the taxi stand.

I looked around and there were many types of people around, speaking fluent English. I was pretty worried because I'm not that very fluent but I know some basic English.

"Let's see our new house, Hyejin ah," Dad said as a taxi stopped infront of us. We boarded the cab all the way to our new home. The surroundings in America were all new to me. Signboards are all in English and stuff like that.

An hour later or so, we finally reached to our house. I got out of the taxi and got awed when I saw the new home. It was a big house with a white rooftop and basically everything white on the outside. It's 3-storeys high and there was a Maserati car parked on the outside. I realised it kinda look like Taehyung's place.

I looked at it and barely blinked. "This is really our house?" I asked my parents.

Mom chuckled, "Yes darling. Let's go in and see the rooms."

I entered into the house and it was awesome. The house was warm and the interior design was beautiful. I plopped down on the sofa and turned on the television. It was amazing.

"Hyejin ah, let's go see your room first," Mom called me.

I followed her up to the second floor and opened the door to my room. I squealed when I saw my room's in pastel pink - it's my favourite colour! I ran in and jumped on my bed and it felt so comfy.

Mom smiled at me. "Go ahead and unpack your stuff. I'll go cook something for us to eat," Mom said and I nodded.

I sat up properly on my bed and looked around my room that was bigger than the one in my previous house. Moving wasn't a really bad idea after all, but I still missed Taehyung and everyone else, plus Korea and the Korean food.

I took a nap and woke up to my phone ringing. I reached for my phone and squinted looking at the caller ID before I finally answered.

"Yah! What took you so long to answer?" Taehyung said.

I softly chuckled, "Is that how you say hello?"

I heard him sigh on the phone. "Are you okay? What time is it there?" He asked.