[16] Retribution strikes

Sabito looked at Giyuu's hair with a curious fascination, what did they do to it since he'd last seen it?

It was all nice and evenly cut now, and the loose old hair tie was replaced with a new colorful butterfly hair clip that seemed oddly reminiscent of the Kocho siblings

"i-i-is it bad?" Giyuu asked poorly hiding her nervousness.

The woman Mitsuri talked about had spent the better part of two hours carefully cutting and cleaning up her hair that day. All the while Mitsuri popped in and spend another hour just trying different styles and colors to try and match what Mitsuri independently referred to as "her mojo", whatever that meant.

Giyuu didn't know if Sabito liked it since he was a bit quiet as he continued to stare at her.

The meal they were eating together that night was probably the most antsy she'd ever felt in her life.

Does he like it, does he hate it? The questions rolled around in her head constantly as she desperately hoped he'd like the change since there really was no going back.

"Why would it be bad?" Sabito asked confused as he stopped eating momentarily.

She got quiet and even more nervous at his question as she struggled to form an answer.

"It's not, but I have a feeling you definitely didn't pick the hair clip, did you?" He said with a tiny smile obviously understanding that not everything was likely her idea.

"no....." she said in a quiet nervous tone.

"But.... It looks nice regardless, even if it isn't what I'm used to."

With those simple words her fears were dispelled in an instant, he didn't dislike her new albeit temporary style. The hair clip was definitely going to be changed first since that was Giyuu's least favorite part. She didn't know how Shinobu and Kanae managed those things, they always felt like they would yank her hair out or something.

The two finished up their meal as Sabito talked about whatever he did that day, but what she told him about her prior experience the previous day with the other girls was what really caught Sabito's attention.

"He said what about me?" Sabito asked rehotorically in an oddly calm voice as his anger was secretly building up on the inside.

"Well, did you say anything in return?" He asked both curious and needing to know of Giyuu's response to such comments from Sanemi.

"I told him no."

Sabito took a few deep slow breaths as he suddenly stood up from his chair.

He'd gone on long enough, this had gone on long enough, he was DONE with his disparaging comments and attitude.

It was already night time right now, but tomorrow a certain man was going to get a reality check. Sabito swore it to himself. He had butted heads too with Shinuzagawa since the days he first joined their ranks, but it was always small and inconsequential, but today? That was it, his well of patience had bottomed out for the wind pillar.

He was going to put him back in his spot as third place amongst the pillars, third only to himself and Himejima at least. Especially in regards to his attitude problems and more than childish behavior. Sabito couldn't even fathom why Kagaya hadn't kicked him out of the corps already, they didn't need bastards like him to function just fine.

"I'll be back, I think I forgot something on the way home." Sabito said quickly as he exited the room not wanting to look upset or annoyed in front of Giyuu in that moment.

He couldn't show her his anger, Sabito didn't want to show off whatever disturbed and ticked off face he was putting up right now.

Indeed, their was a last laugh the next day, just not from Sabito.