[18] How wounds heal

Mitsuri was nervous as she approached the entrance to the building.

"This is their home, I've been here before once, so why am I nervous now?" She thought as she briefly looked to her side towards the still rising sun.

"I'm not too sure I should have come along." Kyojuro said understandably a bit akward about being here today despite insisting he should go with her.

Ever since Sabito spoke with him he took great care to think his actions over very carefully.

Mitsuri quietly understood why her usually confident former teacher seemed to be hesitant in coming to this estate with her today.

"I've only been able to share brief letters here and there since I've been so busy, so I felt bad coming alone to visit after not coming over in such a long time." Mitsuri explained as she eyed Kyojuro who although visibly not nervous was a bit more quiet than normal.

"Yes but, I'm not sure she'll enjoy seeing me, I don't want to overstep my-"

"It'll be fine, I know he told you, but you told me you wanted to apologizing. If she takes issue with it you can leave and that'll be that." Mitsuri said doing her best to dismiss his worries.

Kyojuro nodded in understanding, he would do his best to be not only the best possible guest he could be, but also the most respectful as well.

He didn't wish to upset or offend anymore than he already had, so when the opportunity to visit with Mitsuri he initially jumped at the idea. Although now that he stood in front of the home his confidence waned a bit.

It took a lot for the love pillar to convince him that this visit was even the right thing to still do, but she managed.

Mitsuri looked at the door as she took a deep breath and knocked.

The pink haired woman felt a fair bit guilty for not visiting her supposed "best friend" in almost half a year, the stars simply never seemed to align enough for her to get the time. Especially since the wedding, she still remembered it like it was yesterday, nothing as spectacular had happened since then.

First it was the demon activity that oddly shot up, then it was training, or it was her swords wearing out and having to be repaired taking weeks since it was specially made. The list of distractions and obligatory duties was long and varied, but they all only compounded to make her feel more guilty about this visitation.

Hence why she didn't wish to come alone or else the guilt would crush her.

"CAW CAW, COME IN!" A crow shouted from the opposite side of the door.

Mitsuri and Kyojuro both looked at each other, neither had brought their swords since this wasn't a mission but they were still dressed in their uniforms.

It was still daylight hours after all, if anything, it was morning time which was usually sleeping time for the slayers.

Mitsuri put her hand on the door and slowly slid it open as she peered her head inside, it was extremely quiet.

A crow was perched up on a shelf just to the left of the door on the wall.

"COME IN, COME IN!" It shouted close to her ear sending her stumbling backwards as Kyojuro caught her.

"It spooked me." She said a little surprised as she uprighted herself not having expected it to be so close to the door.

The flame pillar walked forward as he opened the door letting them both inside.

The crow was now standing on the floor staring up at them from further inside.

"FOLLOW! FOLLOW!" It shouted commanding them as they hastily got inside and shut the door behind themselves.