Empty birthday

A year later. Azzy is 1 and a bit. No clue on where Raelynn is. It's her 7th birthday.
Sadi's POV:
"Azzy, hey baby!" I smile as I go in and see her standing in her crib,
"Mama!" She reaches
"Hey!" I Lift her up and sit her on my hip.
I go over to her change table and get her dressed. I carry her downstairs. Kai has prepared us all breakfast. I check the calendar. February 8. Rae's birthday. I miss her so much. We sit down and eat breakfast before placing Azzy in her stroller and going for a walk. We walk down the street. We walk through the park. We stop at the playground and I carry Azzy over and place her in the swing. I buckle it up and push her. She laughs. It gets a little high and she starts crying. I stop it softly. I lift her out.
"I'm sorry, was that too high baby?" I soothe
She calms down. I take her back over to Kai. I place her back down in her stroller and we keep walking. We walk past the river. I notice the lookout and walk down it and stand at the edge. Kai slowly walks after me.
"Honey, what is it?" He asks
"This is where we let go of dads ashes almost 2 years ago. I miss him." I tell him
"I know, I was there." He kisses my head.
We keep walking before heading home. I sit Azzy in her swing and make some lunch for me and Kai.
"Kai, what time do you start shift?" I call
"3, till 11pm." He calls back, "aren't you on shift too?"
"I'll prepare you a dinner!" I reply, "oh yeah, can you get Azzy's overnight bag ready? She can go to mom and dad's."
"Sure!" Kai heads upstairs.
I prepare food and pack them. I then run upstairs and get into my scrubs. I go to leave my room when I hear a small murmur.
"Mama!" I turn and see Azzy standing in the doorway.
"Azalea Jayden Carson. Did you escape your swing and climb upstairs." I go and lift her up
She nods, "I cheeky!"
"Yes you are," I smile as Kai walks in, "someone escaped her swing and climbed upstairs."
"Oh you cheeky monkey!" Kai comes and lifts her off my hip.
"Daddy!" She smiles
"You ready to go to Gamma and Gampa's?" Kai asks her as it is 2
"Eeeeee!" Az smiles
"I'll take that as a yes." I smile
Kai has her bag on his shoulder as well as his shift bag and I sling mine over my shoulder. We walk out.
"Bun Bun?" Azzy asks
"Kai, did you get BunBun?" I ask him as I buckle in Az.
"No, I'll run in and get him now." Kai exclaims and he runs in the house.
He comes back out and hops in the front holding the stuffed bunny.
"Bun Bun!" Azzy cries
"Here baby!" Kai passes it back to her.
I drive us to Mom and Dad's before getting Azzy out and her bag and walk to the door. Azzy drops BunBun.
"BunBun!" She cries.
I bend down and grab the stuffed bunny and pass it back to her. I knock on the door.
"LJ, get the door please?" I hear mom call.
"But mommmmmm!" I hear the 17 and a half year old groan.
"Go! Or Chris goes home!" Mom exclaims
"Fine!" Layla exclaims and I hear the door unlock.
It opens. Lay stands there, in a hoodie and track pants, the hoodie covering her face.
"Hey," I smile
"Hi." Lay whispers limps back upstairs.
I walk in. Mom is in the kitchen.
"Oh hey S, hey baby Azzy bear!" Mom comes and lifts Azzy of me.
"Gam-ma!" She smiles
"Awww, hi baby." Mom kisses her head.
"I wish Dad was here to meet her!" I sigh
"Yeah, me too!" Mom sighs
"What is going on with Layla?" I ask
"What do you mean?" Mom looks up
"She is in a hoodie and sweats. Wouldn't show me her face and she was limping." I tell mom, "you didn't know?"
"No!" Mom replies
"I'll go talk to her." I softly exclaim.
I head upstairs and knock on Lay's door.
"Yeah?" Lay calls
"It's just Me, Sades." I exclaim
"Come in." Layla replies.
I walk in. Layla is sitting on her bed, hoodie and track pants off. Now she is in a singlet and shorts, I see her face, arms and legs covered bruises. She is cuddling with Chris.
"Oh Layla, what happened sweetie?" I ask and sit on the edge of the bed.
"Ry..Rylie." She sobs
"Oh honey, who is Rylie?" I ask her, getting on her other side
"She's one of the 'cool girls'." Christine sighs, "she's been bullying Lay for being les."
"Oh honey. What did she do?" I kiss Laylas head softly.
"She and her little clique beat me. My ankle is really sore!" She cries
I go down the other end of the bed and examine her ankle. It's swollen and the foot is going purple.
"We need to go! Now!" I lift lay into my arms and carry her downstairs.
"S, what's happening?" Mom asks
"We need to get to Med! Now!" I tell her and we all go outside, "can you take Azzy and Chrissie in your car and I'll Take Lay in my car!"
Mom nods. I carry lay out and slide into the backseat.
"Kai, get us to Med!" I tell him.
He gets out and runs around to the drivers side before driving us to med. I carry Layla in. Maggie sees.
"T3!" She exclaims
I nod and lay Layla on the bed as two nurses run in.
"Get an iv in and start a morphine drip!" I call as I see mom standing in the hall.
"Mom, consent to run test?" I ask
She nods, "anything!"
"Get an emergency X Ray in here!" I call
The X-ray is wheeled in. The technician gets it ready.
"Lay, don't move!" I tell her.
"Clear!" The technician exclaims and takes the picture.
I see 3 different breaks, all cutting off blood flow.
"Mom, we need to get her to he OR Now!" I call
"Go!" Mom exclaims.
"Hang propofol!" I tell the, and they do it, "let's move."
We run her upstairs as she fades into unconsciousness. We get her into the OR and Kai runs in.
"I'm assisting!" He tells me as we scrub in.
I nod. We walk in and are prepared. I grab the scalpel.
"I'll make an incision here get me 3 plates!" I exclaim as I make the incision, "spreaders!"
They are passed to me and I spread the wound. I locate the breaks.
"Aligning in three two one!" I align the bones one by one.
I then attach the plates and stitch her up.
"Let's get her to recovery!" I call and toss my gloves in a bin and remove my gown and hair cap.
We walk out and mom gets up with Chris and Azzybear.
"We've fixed her foot, now all that's left is recovery." I smile, "come, she should be waking up."
We all walk into the recovery room and relax for a bit with Layla.