CHAPTER FOURTEEN

//Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club.//

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

WATER RESCUE

"Asami!" The blonde haired girl seems to be in her own world while walking out of the school, softly humming while scrolling through her phone with headphones on. Haruhi stands next to her while shuffling through some papers in their hands. Kazuki observes how the sun reflects off Asami's shiny hair, the glint of happiness in her beautiful, blue eyes and how she seems to bounce with each step. He sucks in a breath as his eyes travel somewhere they shouldn't and quickly adverts his eyes. He wishes Asami understood his feelings toward her yet time and time again, she unknowingly put him in the friend zone. He jogs down the stairs of the school and tries to rush over to the duo. "Hey, wait up!" He calls out, adjusting his bookbag on his shoulder. Just as he reaches Asami, the devil twins come out of nowhere and basically kidnap her along with Haruhi. He watches as Asami is shoved into a car and instead of freaking out like Haruhi, she laughs and playfully struggles against Kaoru. He grinds his teeth and clenches his fists as the car drives away. The taunting eyes of Kaoru locking with his before they disappear. Ever since Asami joined her real family, she has gotten closer to numerous boys—especially the twins, it seems. It bothers Kazuki seeing her laugh and smile with another boy. Those sweet moments of happiness should only be reserved for him. His phone rings and he quickly looks at the number before letting out a sigh. He picks it up, starting to walk away with his head pointed up at the sky. "What do you want now?"

•••

Asami blinks in surprise when she is face to face with twin maids. She tilts her head to the side curiously, wondering if the twins keep twin staff members because they feel more comfortable with other twins. A bunch of bathing suits fill up the room with two changing rooms in the back. Kaoru grins, wrapping his arms around Asami's waist and resting his head on her head. "Make sure this one looks extra pretty." He informs the maids. A light blush covers her cheeks as she wiggles out of his arms. "I have one specific one in mind for you and I think you'll like it, but it'll be the last one you try on." He winks at her. "See you outside." He turns, grabbing Hikaru's collar and they walk out of the room—leaving the two girls at the mercy of the two maids. Immediately, the two are pushed into their respective changing rooms and have bathing suits thrown at them to try on. Asami loses count of how many she's tried one: a bikini with tropical flower prints, a sleek black one piece with side cut outs, a red one piece with a plunging neckline, a bikini with leopard print, a sport aqua rash guard with board shorts, a metallic gold monokini with black line details, a black string bikini, a crochet two-piece with tassels, a pink polka dot high-waisted bikini, a tropical floral tankini, another black bikini with a back cutout, a one piece with mermaid scales, a white one piece with ruffles, and a red string bikini.

"How are you doing?" She calls out to Haruhi.

"This is horrible." Haruhi asnwers back, exhaustion clear in her tone of voice. Asami snorts and briefly wonders what Haruhi will chose to wear. She also wonders how Tamaki is going to react to Haruhi in any form of bathing suit. She imagines him either blushing and running away or going full protective mode and trying to get her to chose a more conservative bathing suit.

"Ma'am, this one was specifically chosen by Master Kaoru." Asami turns around and she eyes the bathing suit in the maid's hands. She carefully takes the clothing item, nods her head at the maid and closes the door to change into it. Asami twirls and a light smile comes to her face. Kaoru had chosen an aqua blue, one piece that features a sweetheart neckline with delicate ruffles and there's a subtle shimmer to the bathing suit that glistens when in the light. She steps out of the changing room, happy with the choice of bathing suit because it feels like her. One of the maids greets her with a white, wide-brimmed sun hat with a matching aqua blue ribbon wrapped around the middle and a pair of sandals that also have a bow that matches the color of her suit. She welcomes the accessories and puts them on, also grabbing a pair of white sunglasses. She hears Haruhi emitting noises of frustration from her changing room. One of the maids opens the door and throws more bathing suits into the room. Asami catches a glimpse of Haruhi who rightfully looks done with this entire debacle.