CHAPTER FIVE

//Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club.//

CHAPTER FIVE
THE EXAM

It has been two weeks since the meet up with Emica and Asami has yet to ask Yuzuru about Anne-Sophie's pregnancy pictures with Tamaki and her. She is scared to find out whatever hidden secret there is because she feels that it will ruin her image of Yuzuru and Emica in her mind. What if what Emica was implying turns out to be true somehow? Or maybe she was hinting at something else that Asami has yet to think about? She has decided to throw any concerns about their relations out of her mind since she was bigger things to worry about.

Every week day, Asami has continued to attend finishing school and Kojima told her that their time together will come to end in a week. She honestly thinks finishing school is still a waste of time. Who needs to know how to properly hold a cup of tea? Or how to put your fork and knife on your plate to indicate if you want more or if you are done eating? Or how to sit with your ankles crossed, back straight and hands resting on your knees when wearing a skirt or dress? Or how to balance two books on top of your head as you walk? All of these etiquette lessons are a bore and Asami is overjoyed that there is only one more dreadful week of finishing school because she feels ready to explode. If she has to see Kojima for more than a week, she will most likely end up punching him.

The five cats — Snowball (a female white Maine Coon), Salem (a male black cat), Gremlin (a male Siamese cat), Tink (a female calico cat), and Kiki (a female British Fold cat) — have made the second mansion their home. Yuzuru, while a bit angry, allowed the cats to stay and even forced the maids to make a cat room for them. The cat room is full of climbing shelves, cat beds, cat toys, catnip, and anything else a cat could want along with five litter boxes and food/water bowls. A vet was also hired to take care of the five cats if any illness arise. They were all spayed and neutered at the cat cafe so that was not a concern. Asami is grateful that Yuzuru is able to give these cats the love of luxury they deserve. One thing about the cats that Asami finds amusing is how clingy the male cats are. The two are more affectionate towards Asami than the female cats are. The female cats are more aloof, only searching for Tamaki and Asami when they need some pets and then they vanish. The male cats are usually always in Asami's room, trying to lay on her lap. She finds it endearing and is overjoyed that she has become their chosen person (which made Tamaki a bit salty).

This Saturday, Asami is stuffing pencils and her calculator into a backpack along with snacks and waters. The exam for Ouran High School Academy is today at noon and she needs to be prepared. Her future will be determined from the score she gets on her exam. If she fails, she'll have to take the Lobelia Girls' Academy exam considering that's the only other high school she has any interest in. She is slightly nervous, worrying about whether or not she has studied enough to pass. She knows that even if she does fail, Yuzuru can pull some strings and allow her in but that feels like cheating. She wishes more than anything to pass so she can go to school with Tamaki and his friends. The host club members have come over more often in the last two weeks which made Tamaki both happy and unhappy. He is happy that Asami is making friends but he is unhappy that the heathen twins are now considered her friend — thought she hardly considers the twins friends compared to the other host club members. Out of everyone, Asami has grown closer to Mitsukuni. The energetic second year made it hard for her to push him away like she tried to with everyone. Since she got closer to Mitsukuni, she has also gotten closer to Takashi which she is certainly not complaining about. Kyoya and Asami are still iffy with one another since neither are too sure what to make of the other, but they are getting closer since Kyoya understands her emotional and mental struggles. They also found common ground when it came to making the magazines. With Asami's input on how to edit and stage the pictures to please girls more, the magazines have sold more copies than ever in the last two weeks. Asmai does not mind Kaoru, but Hikaru never fails to get on her nerves. He always has something stupid to say and Kaoru is the one that has to save the conversation.