27

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

The train ride back to Kingscross station was like it always was. Seamus and Dean chatted about what gifts they hoped to receive for Christmas. Dove was sitting with her legs across me, a book in her hands. Luna and Ginny shared banter as they always had, though this time they held intertwined hands between them.

It was like we were kids again, riding back from Hogwarts for the first time all those years ago.

But we were adults now, this was the last time we'd spend Christmas holidays as Hogwarts students. Some of us will start Auror training, or healing lessons. Some like Ginny already had deals with Quidditch teams of jobs waiting for them at the ministry.

I still had no idea what I'd do after Hogwarts. I still didn't fully understand who I was yet.

The sound of the compartment door opening drew everyone's attention. When I saw Blaise and Gabriella I felt slightly annoyed. I hadn't told anyone of that night I spent with Theo but I assumed it was the reason Blaise was here at present moment.

The reason for Dove immediately slamming her book shut and glaring at the two Slytherins?
I was unsure.

"Can we help you?" Dove glared daggers into Gabriella.

"What's crawled into your ass?" The Slytherin witch asked, genuinely surprised by Dove's behavior as well.

I looked between the two of them, and Blaise did the same. It seemed Dove was the only one angry out of the three of us and only she knew why.

"Nev, I forgot to swap information with you." Blaise said swiftly, hoping the tension would ease slightly.

"Oh, sure." I nodded, quickly scribbling down on a piece of parchment before ripping it off and handing it to him. Blaise handed me a slip of paper as well.

The whole time Dove was still staring at Gabriella with murderous intent. The poor Slytherin witch looked like she was going to combust.

"Cheers mate." Blaise said quickly attempting to leave.

"Okay, I have to ask." Dove huffed.

All eyes were on her again.
"How long have you and Theo been sleeping together?" She stated plainly towards Gabriella.

"What?!" Both Blaise and I asked completely shocked, looking towards Gabriella.

"What in Merlin's name are you talking about Rosier?" The witch questioned.

"Stop playing dumb Flores! Neville deserves to know." Dove yelled at Gabriella.

"Why would Neville need to know about Dove's Fiancé?" I heard Seamus ask.

Then it hit me the situation I was in, I looked across the compartment towards Ginny, Luna, Dean, and Seamus. They all watched the situation curiously. They were all completely unaware of the things that had transpired in the last few weeks between Theo and I.

"Dove, please stop." I begged, shaking her shoulder gently. but she didn't listen.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Dove, I'm dating Blaise!" Gabriella yelled, adding en extra bit of drama to the mix. A few jaws dropped and Ginny clapped loudly.