5

————————————

Maybe it was the curiosity, or maybe even the firewhiskey, but somehow my legs carried me over to that common room couch, and I was now facing Nott and Parkinson, Ritchie still present beside me.

"Longbottom!" Theo greeted cheerfully despite Pansy still red in the eyes and pouting beside him. He stood up from the spot he was sitting on and ruffled my hair playfully.
"You look adorable out of a uniform."

My cheeks went red, I felt myself shrink right then and there. The only thing that pulled me from fainting was Pansy Parkinson's cheerful laughing. She laughed so hard she was slapping the couch in glee. She looked up through teary eyes, this time from from joy and not what had upset her before.

"That's a fucking sight to behold." She said through lingering chuckles.

Theo's eyes shot towards her.
"Shove off Pans."

"Whatever you say." Pansy joked as she put her hands up in defense and turned to face her other friend beside her.

"Ignore her." Theo noted when he looked back towards me again.

"What happened?" I asked, referencing the state Pansy had just been in a moment ago.

"Oh it's nothing, did Dove come with you?" Theo asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah she did, she's around here somewhere-"

"Why don't you go look for her Nott." Ritchie stated bluntly. I looked towards Ritchie, slightly confused with his random attitude. I hadn't even noticed he had followed me.

"Great idea, Cmon Neville." Theo said cheerfully.

Ritchie gripped my hand, pulling me back towards him possessively. I felt my face and the tips of my ears burn red at the sudden touch. Then my eyes found Theo, his cheerful expression gone.
His eyes angry as they sized up Richard.

I'd never seen Nott so angry. The usually chill and happy go lucky attitude was gone, replaced with whatever this was in front of me. It sent a chill down my spine. Sure, Theo was known for getting into fights here and there, but still.
His expression was different towards Ritchie.
He hated him.

It was obvious to anyone with eyes, Theodore Nott hated Ritchie Coote.
I wondered why.

"It'd be a shame if you broke something before tryouts tomorrow Coote." Theo said darkly, stepping towards him slowly.

Ritchie stepped up towards him as well, standing up as straight as he could when doing so.
"Watch it Nott, I know your secrets."

"That's cute. Likewise." Theo stated in return.

I stepped in between them, as did Pansy when she noticed what was going on. I focused on Ritchie while the witch pushed her hands against Theo's chest, pushing her whole weight against him to hold him back just slightly.

"Okay, that's enough." Pansy ordered as she tried her best to continue pushing.

Ritchie smiled at Theo, not trying to step forward anymore. I was simply just standing between them, not needing to hold Coote back. Though, apparently I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, because the next thing I know I'm soaked in a bright purple drink.

All of our attention is now on the Slytherin girl I recognize as the one who had been crying earlier.
"Creepy cunt." She yelled as she slipped away into the crowd. The witch was obviously aiming at Pansy specifically, but unfortunately drenched me.

"Fucking-" Pansy stated as she pushed forward, towards the girl. She knocks Ritchie off his feet and he falls to the floor, then I unexpectedly am being pulled away from the situation.

As I'm being pulled through the crowd I notice it's Theo who is the one with his hand wrapped around mine. His hold on me feels different from Ritchie's. Though it doesn't send electricity through my body, it's much more gentle. I could easily pull out of his grasp if I wanted to.
So why didn't I?

Theo doesn't stop till we are inside of a dorm room, I'm assuming is his own.
"Sit here." He orders as I'm being sat into a desk chair.

Theo rummages through a pile of loose clothing in a trunk. It's messy and over flowing, it makes sense to me that it's how Theo keeps his things. I probably wouldn't expect anything different. I turn towards his desk, looking at the random potion bottles and miscellaneous items such as candy wrappers and textbooks on his desk.

Theo slides in front of the desk, grabbing an object from behind him and putting it into the desk drawer quickly. A slight tinge of red on his cheeks. He chuckled to pull the attention away from whatever he was hiding, then tosses me a sweater he was holding.

I hold it up in the air.
It's a grey knit sweater with some sort of geometric pattern I can't describe. It feels heavy and expensive along with the fact that it is outrageously soft.
I look back at Theo, my brows furrowed in confusion.

Theo motions to my shirt.
"I thought maybe you'd want to change?" He says, motioning towards the jumper now with open offering hands.

I stand up from the chair, handing the sweater back towards him.
"I should probably just go-"
Then I started to feel a sudden urge to sleep.

"Longbottom?" Theo asks, practically catching me as I fell forward.

"I'm so tired."

Theo leans in towards me, smelling the purple stain on my shirt. This would have been an odd gesture but I was too overcome by sudden sleepiness that I didn't really notice.

"Sleeping draught." Theo said to himself.
"Cmon, we have to get you out of this." He continued as he helped me towards the edge of his bed. I sunk in it as I sat down, feeling like I could sleep sitting up right now.

"Uhm, sorry about this." He said while pulling my shirt up and over my head. I only noticed once my head pulled through the top of his sweater that Theo was looking away from me. That tinge of red from earlier reaching his cheeks again.

"Thank you Theo." I said softly, before melting into the bed I was sitting on, curling myself into the thick comforter.
"Dove?" Was all I could say before I felt myself drifting.

"I saw her leave ages ago." Theo said.

Then I was asleep.