17

——————✧◦ ★ ◦✧——————

My legs walked me back to Gryffindor tower, but I can't remember the journey. My brain was processing so much at once.

Theodore Nott is into Wizards, we almost kissed, he called me Adorable.

But more plagued my mind as well, like Theo's pain. The fear he held because of his father, it was all Theodore could manage to think about in the moments of Ritchie's declaration.
and yet he still punched the Gryffindor wizard,
For me.

"Neville." Seamus noted as he pulls me aside, him and Dean talking in hushed voices. They both huddled around me insinuating that I had to hide from everyone in the room.

"What happened?" Dean outright questioned.

What happened?
That was a loaded question.
"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Neville, Ritchie has been saying..... things." Seamus said, as if I could figure out what that could possibly mean. I looked back at him with a confused expression.

"Am I supposed to know what 'things' means?" I chuckled.

Dean put his hand on my shoulder.
"Neville this is serious, he looks like he's been hit by a truck."

"What's a truck?" I ask.

Seamus facepalms, and Dean looks as if he could strangle me. This deny deny deny game was harder than I thought it'd be. Though, I truly didn't know what a truck was. It sounded familiar, I'd probably read about it in Spider-Man before.

"Look Neville, Coote isn't saying who beat the shit out of him." Dean stated.

I felt myself let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"But it's obvious who did it." Dean continued.

I scoffed.
"Yeah okay, but no one else knows that."

Seamus and Dean shared a look.

"What?" I questioned once again.

"Those things I was talking about. Richard told everyone you and Nott are shagging, like really getting it on. He had explicit details mate." Seamus explained.

There was a long silence between the three of us. Then I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was laughing so loud my voice echoed off the whole common room, I noticed many eyes on us but I couldn't stop.

Richard Coote made this so easy.

"Neville, Merlin!" Dean scoffed as he tried covering my mouth while Seamus attempted to shield us with his frame.

"Where is he?" I asked, tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. The words rolling off my tongue were laced with giggles. I didn't even care how embarrassing this really was, because it was going to hurt Ritchie more than it was going to hurt me.

I might not be able to beat Richard Coote with my fists, but I could surely use this emotional head games to my advantage.

"Ritchie? He's over there but I don't think you should-" Seamus pointed out the beaten up Wizard and I didn't wait for him to warn me not to go. I walked myself to stand in front of Coote and a large group of Gryffindors.

The students were laughing at something Coote had just said when I had reached them. I smiled fondly at Ritchie, crossing my arms and looking directly at him. He looked slightly surprised to see me, but the praise he was receiving around him was too much for his little pride.

"Oh, there you are Neville! Back from giving Nott's knob some attention?" Coote asked, causing his mates to erupt into laughter.

"Hah hah." I noted out loud. The group settled slightly, curious on what I had to say.
"Hey, thanks for the date Ritchie but I just don't think you're my type."