3

————————————

I hadn't spoken to Theodore since Tuesday. I knew I'd have to talk to him again at some point but the idea of quitting the deal we made weighed heavy on my mind.

The only thing that made me want to continue was the attention and praise playing quidditch had given me from Ritchie. Sure the wizard would chat with me here and there, but the compliment he had given me after practicing with Theo was playing on repeat in my head.

Professor Sprout was explaining the appearance of Asphodel, normally I'd pay attention in Herbology class, but today I couldn't focus. In reality I was quite knowledgeable on year seven Herbology already, so it didn't matter too much.

My eyes wandered around the room, ultimately landing on Theodore Nott across from me. His brows were furrowed and he was scribing down words like a crazy person. I could tell he wasn't fully understanding what Sprout was going on about and it was truly bothering him to the core.

I couldn't contain my curiosity, here was this rich jock putting all his attention, time, and effort into a lesson most witches and wizards took as a place holder course. I didn't think he cared much about school, I always assumed he'd be given whatever opportunity or job he wanted due to his wealth and family name.

So why was Theodore Nott Jr wasting his time in Herbology?

"That's it for today class, enjoy your weekend." Sprout announced.

Theo practically sprinted out of the room, I would have been a little confused if it weren't for the day I spent with him in the library. I knew Slytherin quidditch tryouts were today and he was filling in for co captain.

Dove was waiting for me outside the greenhouses as she normally did, a bright smile on her face when she saw me. We walked side by side towards the Gryffindor commons.

"So...."

"So?" I asked.

"Ritchie Coote told me he saw you hanging around Theodore Nott on the quidditch field.

My cheeks burned hot and I felt my stutter return as if Dove were accusing me of something.
"He- he's teaching me quidditch."

"I assumed so, but then Lavender Brown said she saw you two revising together in the library on Sunday." Dove added.

I dead stopped. I was astronomically awful at keeping secrets, and my original plan was to never tell Dove of Theo's intentions and just let him fail on his own.
"He's helping me in potions."

"Hmm, that's nice of him."

"And I'm tutoring him in Herbology." I quickly added.

"Ah that makes sense, Nott doesn't seem like the type to help people without something in return." She noted as we continued on our way. She seemed satisfied with my answers but I wasn't with hers.

She was wrong, Theo was the type of guy to help people without receiving anything in return. He had done so when he helped me with my potions essay. I kept this to myself though, I wasn't sure why.

"Well anyway, Luna is off doing something somewhere this afternoon, but I heard Slytherin is having a party tonight. Dean and Seamus said something about crashing it."