Chapter Twenty

Peter

_________________

I didn't know why I'd even tried to go to sleep without Cam in the bed. It never worked.

A year later and I still thought I could trick my self into thinking I didn't need her in the bed to sleep.

I groaned at myself, willing my brain to just shut the hell up for five minutes so I could pretend to not be so pathetic.

Before I could try further, she opened my door, kicking it shut behind her, and unzipping her suit in one fluid motion as she smiled at me, tracking to the bathroom without a word. She noticed I was awake and threw the light on in both the bathroom and my room.

I pushed myself up onto my elbows to watch her shamelessly as she stripped the suit off, standing in front of the mirror in nothing more than her panties.

Fuck.

I didn't think there would ever be a time that she wouldn't make my body feel like it was buzzing with electricity when she entered a room. 

Sometimes I thought she was keeping part of her powers a secret from us, and she did have the ability to control the electrical pulses inside our brains, because the way she made me feel, made no sense otherwise. 

I couldn't be so infatuated with someone, someone else couldn't have so much control over my emotions and my thoughts and feelings without their being a power behind it.  

But she managed it, every single day, without evening really realising how much power she held over me. 

From the moment I'd see her touch that door downstairs I'd been hooked, in a way that had terrified and enthralled me. It hadn't come without some serious pain along the way, but we'd found the balance that worked for both of us. Seeing her so happy all the time was worth the months of pained we'd endured at the start. Nothing would feel better to me than watching her glow and grow into who she was now.

"Wanda's pissed at you." She called to me from the bathroom, making me frown.

"Why, what did I do?" I questioned, still unable to take my eyes away from her perfect body, the way her skin was so smooth, only interrupted by scars that littered her body, only making her more perfect, so strong and undeniably incredible.

"You missed dinner, so now you're going to starve and perish before our very eyes." I couldn't see her eyes as she spoke around her toothbrush but I knew she'd be rolling them.

"What will you do without me?" I asked her, shamelessly watching her ass she she bent to spit toothpaste into the sink, quickly rinsing her mouth out.

"I don't know, I'm thinking Bucky is a good backup, I already know him so we could skip the getting to know each other phase of dating." She shrugged at me as she turned the bathroom light off with her powers, jumping onto the bed, her knees making me pull my feet back before she landed on them.

She turned the main light out and flicked the lamp on in one go, without even seeming to think about it.

I loved how easy everything was for her now.

"Bucky wouldn't put up with you for long." I raised a brow at her, questioning her choice in my alternative.

"He loves me too much to hurt me though, so I could trap him for years before he got the nerve to tell me and by then I'd totally be over you anyway, so it'll work out just fine." She pushed herself onto my lap, thighs either side of mine, smiling the smile she reversed just for me. 

"You've thought a lot about this, huh?" I questioned as my hands automatically grabbed her hips to keep her from moving.

"At least once a week, I've got to have my backup plan prepared Bugboy, you know how important it is to be prepared." She laughed gently, pushing her hair from her face, making my chest tighten as I heard her laugh.