Chapter 28

[MARVIN'S POV]

I Feel A Lot Of Tension In The House And It's Making Me Upset. I Can't Have Negativity All Through My House And Expect Myself To Be In A Good Mood! It's Just Not Gon Happen!

After Dinner, I Sent The Kids Off To Get Ready For Bed While My Wife Dealt With Her Pregnancy Problems. I Had To Get The House Cleaned For Aubree's Birthday Party And By The Look Of Things, I Won't Be Getting Anything Done.

"Marvin!" Kaidence Called Out. I Ran And Hurried To The Room.

"What's Wrong?" I Asked.

"I'm In The Bathroom." She Said. I Walked In And Saw Her On The Floor, Next To The Toilet.

"Can You Please Get Aubree! For Some Reason I Can't Keep Anything Down." She Said.

"Yeah. Come On Lil Mama. Come Help Daddy Clean." I Said.

                ***************

The Next Morning:

After Two Hours Of Cleaning The House And Fighting To Put Aubree To Bed, I FINALLY Could Get Some Sleep. I Was Sleeping Soundly Until I Heard A Big CRASH! The Sound Of Glass Breaking Made Me Realize It Was Indeed A Weekend And My Kids Were Home. I Scrambled Out Of Bed, And Hurried To The Kitchen.

"I'm Sorry." Naomii Cried.

"It's Okay Baby. I'm Not Mad." Kaidence Said.

"What Happened?" I Asked.

"Naomii Accidently Dropped A Glass Bowl." Kaidence Said, Sweeping Up The Broken Glass.

"Hey. Stop Crying. You're Okay." I Said To Naomii, Wiping Her Tears.

"Where's The Birthday Girl?" I Asked.

"Still Asleep Thank God. We Have A Lot To Do Before Three And It's Already Eleven." She Said.

"True Dat. How About You Three Go And Make Sure Your Rooms Are Clean. Then Come Back Down And I'll Give You All Your Next Assignments." I Said. They Nodded And Hurried Upstairs.

"And You Red.....You Need Not To Stress. We Got Four Solid Hours To Get Everything Set Up And Ready For Our Baby Girl's Party." I Said.

"True...Okay." She Said.

"Now I'm Finna Go Shower And Get Fresh. You Need To Just Start Decorating And Getting Everything Set Up." I Said. She Nodded And I Headed To Back To The Bedroom.

After I Got Fresh, I Headed Out To The Back Patio To See What All Kaidence Has Done.

"Just Move That There, So The Kids Can Sit Here." She Said. She Was Literally Putting The Kids To Work, Including Mia. She Rearranged The Back Patio Into A Party Room For The Kids.

"So....What Do You Think So Far?" She Asked.

"Looks Good. Less Arranging, More Decorating." I Said.

"I Know. I Know. But I Had To Make Room For The Kids There So The Grown Ups Can Sit Here. And We'll Have A Good View Of The Yard Too." She Said.

"Aye Momma. The Bouncer Man Is Here." Kaiden Said.

"Okay. I'll Go Get Him Situated And Tell Him Where To Set Up And Y'all Can Get Started Putting Up The Decorations." She Said, Handing Me The Tape And Balloons

"Pink And White Balloons ONLY." She Said. I Sighed. She Is Gonna Be The Death Of Me.

"Ohh! Can We Blow The Balloons Up Daddy?" Nevaeh Asked.

"Yeah. Here Ya Go." I Said. The Girls Giggled As They Sat Down And Started Blowing The Balloons Up. I Was About To Say Something To Kaiden, When I Heard Crying.

"The Birthday Girl Is Awake." I Said. I Went Into The House And Saw Aubree Crawling Down The Stairs.

"Hey Fatty. Happy Birthday." I Said Kissing Her. She Hugged Me And Held On Tightly To My Neck. Oh Lord...Somebody's Not Feeling The Birthday Spirit. I Grabbed Her Cup Out Of The Refrigerator And Handed It To Her. I Then Tried To Sit Her Down So I Could Get Her Something To Eat, But She Screamed Bloody Murder Once I Sat Her Down.

"What's Wrong?" I Asked. She Said Nothing As She Held On To My Neck.

"Potty." She Said. I Took Her To The Bathroom, And Sat Her On The Toilet. Again....She Started Crying.

"Hey Now. Stop All That Crying!" I Said. She Continued To Cry As She Used The Bathroom. Once She Was All Done, She Was Back In My Arms.

"What's Wrong With Her?" Kaidence Asked.

"I Don't Even Know. She Won't Let Me Put Her Down And I Gotta Get This Food On The Grill." I Said.

"Okay....Come Outside With Me." She Said. I Nodded And Followed Her Outside. The Patio Was Looking Good, And The Bounce House Was On Its Way Up. Literally.

"Look Fatty. Look What We Got For Your Birthday." I Said, Showing Her The Princess Castle Bounce House. Her Head Flew Up As She Pointed.

"That's For You." Kaidence Said. She Finally Let Me Put Her Down As She Ran To The Door.

"Look! Look!" She Said. I Laughed.

"Our Child Is Bipolar." I Said.

"And Who Does She Get That From?" Kaidence Said.

"You." I Said. She Giggled.

"Shut Up!" She Said. She Then Gave Me That Baby-I-Need-A-Favor-Look.

"No!" I Said.

"You Don't Even Know What I Was About To Ask You." She Said.

"You Was Going To Ask Me To Go Get Her Cake So You Can Finish Decorating, And My Answer Is No!" I Said.

"Pleaseeeee Babe! I Have To Finish Decorating, Plus Get Myself And Aubree Ready!" She Said.

"And I Gotta Get The Grill Ready, The Food Seasoned, And Start Cooking. Its Already One And I Need To Get Started." I Said.

"Ugh! Then What Are We Going To Do?" She Said.

"Kaiden! You And Mia Go Run And Pick Up Aubree's Cake." I Said.

"What? No!" Kaidence Said.

"The Boy Can Drive And He Has His Permit." I Said.

"But..." She Said.

"Come On Mom!" Kaiden Said. She Sighed.

"Fine. But Go There And Come Straight Back!" She Said.

"I Know." He Said. She Handed Him Her Debit Card And I Handed Him My Keys.

"Be Careful." I Said. He Nodded And Left Along With Mia.

"Now Mr. Crybaby. Go Start The Grill While I Get The Birthday Girl Ready." She Said. I Nodded.

"Y'all Go Get Ready Too." I Said. Everybody Hurried Into The House While I Got The Grill Ready. Hopefully Today Goes Good....Though I Have A Feeling That Something's Going To Happen. Something Bad.