Chapter 19

[MARVIN'S POV]

After Kaiden And His Girlfriend Left, It Was Just Me And Aubree.

"What You Wanna Do Today?" I Asked Her. She Giggled.

"I Dunno Daddy!" She Said. I Picked Her Up And Sat Her On The Floor.

"Go Play." I Said. She Ran Into The Living Room, While I Cleaned The Kitchen. Once The Kitchen Was Cleaned, I Got Both Me And Aubree Dressed, And We Headed Out To Run Errands. I Love My Daddy Time With My Kids, Especially Aubree. She Was My True Ride Or Die. We Stopped At The Store First To Get Groceries.

"Come On Shawty Red." I Said. We Headed Into The Store And Started Shopping. I Noticed A Couple Of Women Checking Me Out, But I Paid Them No Mind.

"I Love A Man Who Takes Care Of His Kids." I Heard One Of The Women Say.

"She's So Cute! She Looks Just Like Him." Another Woman Said. I Smiled As I Continued Shopping.

             ***************

After I Finished Shopping, I Paid For My Stuff, And Headed To The Car. I Was Tired.

"Park Daddy!" Aubree Said.

"Not Today Baby." I Said.

"Park!" She Whined.

"Aubree Isabella Smith! Don't Start All That Whining!" I Said. She Pouted And Started Crying. I Put Her In Her Car Seat And Finish Loading The Groceries Into The Car. Once I Was Done, I Hopped In The Car And Turned On A Movie For Her To Watch.

"Nemo!" She Cheered. I Laughed As I Headed Back To The House. Shit..I Have So Many Things To Do Today.

           ***************

My Errands Were Finally Done, And I Was Relieved. On The Drive Home, I Decided To Order Pizza For Dinner Tonight, Cause I Was Too Lazy To Cook, But Before I Could Make The Call, My Phone Began Ringing.

"Yo." I Answered.

"Hey Marvin. It's Melanie. Umm Kaidence Didn't Come To Work Today And I Was Wondering Was She Okay." She Said.

"Uhh...I Didn't Even Know She Didn't Come To Work. She Left The House This Morning And Everything." I Said. My Line Then Beeped.

"Aye Hold On Mel." I Said Clicking Over.

"Yo." I Answered.

"Dad? Where's Mom? She's Late Picking Us Up." Nevaeh Said. Damn What's Really Going On?

"I Don't Know, But I'm On My Way." I Said. I Hung Up With Her, And Clicked Back Over To Melanie.

"My Bad Mel." I Said.

"Was That Her?" She Asked.

"Naw. That Was The Kids. Kaidence Is Late Picking Them Up. "I Said.

"Wow. Marvin....I'm Really Worried." She Said.

"Okay Calm Down. Let Me Go Pick Up The Kids, And When I Get Home, I'll Call And Look Around For Her." I Said.

"Me And Kevin Will Come Over And Help." She Said.

"Okay Cool. See You In A Bit." I Said. I Hung Up And Fled To The Kids School. When I Pulled Up, They Hopped In The Car.

"Sorry Y'all." I Said.

"Where's Mom?" Naomii Asked.

"I'm Not Sure, But Put Your Seat Belts On." I Said. On The Drive Home, I Called Everybody. I Called Bre, I Called Jessica, I Called All Of Her Siblings And Even Her Parents. No One Knew Where She Was. Fuck! I Headed Over To Her Parents House To See If They'll Watch The Kids For Awhile.

"Why Are We At Grandma And Grandpa's House?" MJ Asked.

"Cause I Have Something To Do And Y'all Aren't Old Enough To Stay By Yourselves." I Said. We Got Out The Car And I Grabbed Aubree, Who Was Fast Asleep. We Walked Up The Stairs And The Door Swung Open.

"Did You Find Her?" Momma In Law Asked.

"Not Yet. I Was Gon Ask Can You Watch Them For A While So I Can Go Look For Her." I Said.

"Of Course! Have They Ate?" She Asked.

"Naw." I Said.

"Okay Go On. We Got It From Here." She Said.

"Aight Moms. Tell Pops I Said Hey." I Said. I Hurried Back To My Car And Fled To My House. I Tried Calling Kaidence's Phone, But It Kept Going To Voicemail.

"Shit!" I Snapped. When I Got Home, Kevin And Melanie Were Waiting For Me.

"Any Word?" She Asked.

"Not Yet." I Said. I Walked Into The House And Hurried To The Stairs.

"Kaiden?" I Called Out. No Response. Great! First My Wife, Now My Son.

"Marv! You Don't Think Victor Could've Snatched Her Do You?" He Said. It All Makes Sense Now!

"Who Is Victor?" Mel Said.

"There's No Time To Explain! We Gotta Go! Call Rich! It's Go Time!" I Snapped.