Chapter 8

[MARVIN'S POV]

The House Was Quiet And Empty. Just Like I Like It. Kaidence Went To Pick Up The Kids, And Kaiden Went To Play Basketball So I Was Home Alone. A Normal Man And Husband Would Be Sitting In Front Of A TV Watching The Game, But Me? I Was Fixing The Surveillance Cameras Around The House And Doing My Normal Routine. My Phone Began Vibrating And It Was My Cousin Kevin:

"What's Good?" I Answered.

"Aye Man. That Nigga Vic Looking For You." He Said. Me And Vic Fell Out After The Death Of Preston, And He Got It Out For Me. He THINKS He Knows That I Killed Him. Hmm....There's A Lot Of Predictions Out Here Lately.

"Tell That Fool I'm Not Hard To Find. Matter Or Fact, Tell Him I'll Be At The Club Tonight." I Said.

"Man Marvin Don't Get Into Anything Stupid! Vic Just Being Vic." He Said.

"Man Fuck That! His Weak Ass Wanna Live In The Past And Shit So Ima Show His Ass." I Snapped.

"Man Look, I'll See You Tonight. I Don't Want Melanie To Hear This Conversation." He Said.

"Aight. I'll See You In A Bit." I Said Hanging Up.

              ***************

I Kissed My Kids Goodnight As I Headed Back Downstairs.

"Can You Come Home Early Tonight? And Don't Drink And Drive!" Kaidence Said.

"I'll See What I Can Do Baby. Relax." I Said. She Rolled Her Eyes.

"Dada!" Aubree Said, Holding Her Arms Up. I Picked Her Up And Kissed Her.

"I Expect You To Be Sleep When I Get Back." I Said.

"No!" She Whined.

"Yes!" I Said, Kissing Her Again Before I Sat Her Down.

"Aight I'm Out. I Love You And Goodnight." I Said Kissing My Wife's Soft Lips.

"I Love You Too." She Said. I Walked Out The Room And Quietly Walked Out The House. Time To Shake Some Shit.

               ***************

"Boss Man's In The House!" Kevin Said, As I Pulled Up.

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I'm Surprised Your Ass Could Even Get Out The House! Melanie Got You On A Tight Lil Leash!" I Said.

"Fuck You! I Had To Put Kamiah And KJ To Sleep Before I Came Out, But It Was Well Worth It!" He Said. I Laughed.

"I Know What You Mean! Aubree Was Still Awake When I Left." I Said. We Headed Into The Club As It Was In Full Swing. The Music Was Bumpin And The Floor Was Crowded. We Danced Our Way Through The Crowd As We Made It To The Elevators.

"I'm Tryna Shake It!" Kevin Said.

"Business First, Party Later." I Said. We Hopped On The Elevator And Headed Up To The Top Where Rich Was Standing There Waiting For Us.

"What's Up?" I Said.

"Vic Is On His Way. He Wants To Speak To You And He Won't Take No For An Answer." He Said.

"Well When He Gets Here, Send Him On In." I Said.

"You Sure That's A Good Idea? Vic Has It Out For You Man. Talking Bout You Murked Preston Crack Head Ass." He Said.

"I Think It's A Great Idea. Vic Can Come Up Here And Make A Complete Fool Of Himself." I Said As I Sat Down. Rich Got A Text And Glanced At Me.

"Well....He's Here." He Said.

"By All Means...Send Him In." I Said. I Was Rather Amused By This Little Weak Ass War Thing Vic And I Got Going On.

"You Sure About This Man?" Kevin Asked.

"Absolutely! Why Not Add Fuel To The Fire?" I Said. There Was A Knock And My Door Came Flying Open. Showtime.