Chapter 7

[KAIDEN'S POV]

The Next Morning...

I Woke Up With The Worst Throbbing Pain In Both My Ears. I Ended Up Falling Asleep With My Headphones In...Due To The Fact My Parents Were Doing.....IT; And The Noises Echoed Throughout The House. I'm Surprised My Baby Sister Aubree Slept Through The Noisy Encounter, But Then Again....She Was Still A Baby. I Got Up And Hurried To My Drawer. I Was Looking For My Ear Drops With No Such Luck. I Then Hurried Downstairs To The Kitchen. I Looked Through All The Drawers With No Luck.

"What's Wrong With You?" My Dad Said, From Behind Me.

"My Ears Hurt Again." I Said.

"Did You Fall Asleep With Your Headphones In Again?" He Asked. I Nodded. He Sighed.

"Let Me Go Grab Your Momma." He Said. Oh Shit. Hopefully She Still Wasn't Upset With Me. Last Night Was The First Night I Ever Seen My Mom Actually Cry! And It Was All My Fault.

"You Fell Asleep With Your Headphones On Again?" My Mom Asked, Walking Into The Kitchen.

"Oh My God Yes!" I Said. She Laughed.

"Don't Get Mad At Us. You Did It." She Said. She Sat Me Down And Tilted My Head To One Side.

"I'm Glad I Keep Your Ear Infection Medicine Near By." She Said. She Put The Drops In Both My Ears, And I Was Starting To Feel Better.

"No More Leaving Your Headphones In Your Ears!" She Said.

"I Won't, And Mom?...I'm Sorry About Yesterday. I Really Am." I Said. She Hugged Me.

"It's Okay. I Forgive You. Just Next Time Come More Correct." She Said.

"I Will. So What Happened With You And Grandma?" I Asked. I Was So Curious To Know What Happened Between Mom And Grandma, And Kinslee Didn't Answer Her Phone Last Night.

"Nothing. You're Just Not Allowed To Go Over There Anymore." She Said.

"But..." I Began, But She Cut Me Off.

"No Buts Kaiden! You Are Not Going Back Over There!" She Said.

"Okay." I Said. I Really Didn't Want To Argue Or Piss Her Off So I Let The Conversation Fade.

"I'm Going To The Community Center." I Said.

"Okay Be Careful And Be Home Before It Gets Dark." My Mom Said. I Nodded And Ran Upstairs. I Needed To Be Around My Crew For Awhile.

                 ************

"Oh Shit! K-Man's In The House!" Said My Homie Sean.

"What's Up." I Said.

"Not Shit. Where Ya Been?" He Asked.

"My Weekend Been Busy, But I'm Free Now." I Said.

"Cool. Let's Go See Who At The Court. Word Is De'Shawn And His Homies Got Beef With Them Preppy Dicks And I Wanna See If A Fight Will Break Out." He Said. I Laughed.