Chapter 10

[MARVIN'S P.O.V.]

Victor Came Walking In, Along With Two Of His Homies.

"What's Up Vic? Long Time No See. How Are You?" I Said.

"I'm Fine Marvin." He Said.

"Please Have A Seat. Would You Like A Drink? A Blunt?" I Asked.

"Naw I'm Good." He Said. I Nodded And Lit My Blunt.

"So....What's Up? I've Been Hearing That You Have It Out For Me." I Said.

"Can't Always Believe What You Hear, Marv. You Know That." He Said. I Nodded.

"So What Brings You By, Vic?" I Asked.

"Well This Tuesday Will Mark The 12th Year Of My Best Friend, Preston's, Death." He Said.

"Hm....You Don't Say." I Said.

"I Do Say And I Wanna Know What Happened To Him." He Said.

"Don't We All. Too Bad Nobody Knows." I Said.

"I Think You Know!" He Snapped.

"Come On, Vic. You Honestly Think I Killed Your Friend?" I Said.

"I Know You Killed Him. You Was Mad Cause After Your Ass Got Shot And Shit, And Disappeared To Wherever; Preston Snatched Ya Bitch Back Up." He Said. I Chuckled As I Blew Out A Puff Of Smoke.

"Leave My Wife Out Of This." I Said. It Was More Of A Warning Than A Request.

"Oh....Did I Strike A Nerve? How Is Lil Kaidence Anyways?" He Asked.

"My Wife Is None Of Your Concern, But She's Fine." I Said.

"Yes She Is." He Said. I Laughed. Victor Thought He Could Piss Me Off, But When In Reality, He Was Entertaining Me.

"You Didn't Come All The Way Down Here To Talk About My Wife, Vic. Let's Be Clear....You Were Either Given False Information, Or Your Dysfunctional Gut Is Telling You Wrong. Either Way......You've Wasted Your Time." I Said. He Giggled As He Glanced At The Picture Of My Wife And Kids.

"I'm Sure You Love Your Wife And Kids, And Would Do Anything To Protect Them." He Said. Ohh....Vic Was About To Cross The Line.

"That Is What Any Loyal Husband And Father Would Do." I Said.

"True. It Would Be A Shame If Anything Happen To Them Though." He Said.

"Aye Vic, It's Time To Go." Kevin Said. I Through My Hand Up.

"I Got This Kev." I Said. I Put My Blunt Out, And Stood Up.

"You Think A Small Threat Is Going To Piss Me Off? Now I Don't Know What's Sadder. You Threating My Family, Or Your Desperate Attempt To Make Me Confess To A Murder That Happened Years Ago. Which One Is It, Vic? Cause I Guarentee If You Want War....Then You've Got It. Now You And Your Weak Links Get The Fuck Out Of My Office And The Fuck Off My Premises!" I Said. Vic Smiled As He Stood Up.

"I'll See You Soon." He Said. He Turned And Walked Out, Followed By His Two Homies.

"He Trippin Man." Kevin Said. I Nodded.

"I Shoulda Popped A Hot One In His Ass!" Rich Said.

"So Its War He Wants? Its War He'll Get!" I Snapped. I Stood Up And Left My Office.

"Don't Let Him Piss You Off Man. Let's Take Some Shots And Turn Up!" Rich Said.

"Not Tonight. I Told Kaidence I'd Come Home Early." I Said.

"Aight. I'll Head Home Too Then. Ion Need Melanie Cussing Me Out In Two Different Languages." He Said.

"Well I'm Staying And Gettin Lit." Rich Said.

"Well Have Fun Playa. Make Sure You Lock Up." I Said. He Nodded And We Headed To The Elevator. We Made Our Way Through The Crowd Until We Made It Outside.

"So What's The Move For Tomorrow?" Kevin Asked.

"Ion Even Know. Come By Tomorrow." I Said.

"Aight Bet." He Said. As I Turned To Head To My Car, I Noticed A Unmarked Car Sitting In The Parking Lot. The Windows Rolled Down And I Quickly Turned Around.

"Kevin Get Down!" I Said, Tackling Him To The Ground. There Was A Fire Of Gunshots As Me And Kevin Rolled Under A Car. There Was Screaming As People Quickly Scattered Out Of The Club. The Car Pulled Off And Fled Down The Street.

"What The Fuck!" I Snapped.

"Vic Has Lost His Mind!" Kevin Said.

"And If He Keeps Fucking With Me, He's Gon Lose His Life!" I Snapped.

"I Missed A Damn Shoot Out?" Rich Said, Running Towards Us.

"Vic Just Tried To Kill Us!" I Snapped.

"Word? Oh This War Is On! Like Donkey Fucking Kong!" Rich Said.

"Go Home Man! We'll Talk About This Tomorrow." Kevin Said. I Hopped In My Car And Watch As Kevin And Rich Pulled Out Of The Parking Lot. I Had To Be Aware Of My Surroundings As I Drove Home. I Didn't Want Vic Or Anybody Else Following Me Home. It Was Time To Break Out The Secret Weapons!

When I Got Home, I Grabbed My Gun And Headed Into The House. I Quietly Crept Into The Room And Slid My Gun In The Drawer. I Turned On The Light And Saw Kaidence And Aubree Snuggled Up Together Sleeping Soundly. I Shook My Head As I Grabbed Aubree And Laid Her In Her Playpen. I Stripped Out My Clothes And Crawled Into Bed.

"Hey Babe. You're Home Early" Kaidence Said.

"I Know. I Didn't Mean To Wake You Baby. Go Back To Sleep." I Said. I Kissed Her Neck And Held Her In My Arms Tight. The Way My Night Was Set Up.....I Need A Good Night's Sleep. Especially For What I Got Planned.