6: Breathe for me

It is with great pleasure and joy that I return from my exam/stress induced hiatus!
*cue the drum roll, guitar solos, cheering, screaming, crying, vomiting (okay, maybe forget that one)*

However, *dramatic pause* It is with absolute terror and crippling anxiety that I give you this chapter, which was written at the peak of my writers block (it took me two months of writing and deleting to get here)
This chapter might be trash (I kinda like it) or it might not, only one way to find out *shrugs*

—————

I sat in the back of Audrey's car, sulking for most of the ride to Evans house. There was music playing in the background but I still had my earphones in, though I wasn't playing anything.

I was barely paying attention to the route we were taking when we passed by my favorite bakery. It was the best and closest one to the estate and they had really good lemon tarts, but that's beside the point.

The main thing that caught my attention was the giant brass gates we pulled into and the security guard the girls waved at like they knew each other. This is my estate.

"Uhh, what are we doing here?" I asked, pulling my earphones out.

"What do you think, Sherlock? We're going to Evans house", Audrey replied as she sent me a look in the rear view mirror.

"That's weird", I slumped back in my seat, "I live here".

"Wait, for real?" Winnie asked,

"Yeah, for real". I answered.

What are the odds that Evan Acosta lives in my estate? I thought it was a huge coincidence but the next turn we took absolutely blew my mind.

They turned onto my street, passed by my house, and parked in the driveway right next to it.

"What the fuck!" I whisper-yelled,

They both looked back at me like I was batshit crazy, with concerned looks on their faces. After a moment of us just staring at each other Winnie was the first to speak,

"Are you okay?",

"Yeah, do you need to lie down?", Audrey added,

"No, I'm fine, really, it's just that.." I turned and pointed at the house next door, at my house, "that's my house", I added.

"What?" Winnie asked, eyebrows raised in surprise but not quite as surprised as I was. Audrey just stared at me in confusion, not quite able to process information as fast.

"How have you lived next to Evan for two years and never noticed?", Winnie asked

"I've never been really social and I obviously don't go out much, plus he lives in school mostly and he's only here on Fridays till Mondays", I explained, feeling a bit embarrassed about the situation.

"Still, we almost always throw a party when we're here, how do you not notice when there's a raging party next door?"

"My windows are sound proof and I leave them closed too",

"Well, that's pretty convenient", Winnie said as she rolled her eyes.

Black girl drama and whatnot.