Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Beep, beep, beep! My alarm on my phone rang. I turned it off and looked at Jamie, who was still asleep. I was a light-sleeper but Jamie was a heavy-sleeper. I checked the time and it was 4:30am. I walked over to Jamie and started shaking her. "Jamie wake up!!!!"  

About 3 minutes of this, she woke up. I jumped in the shower and washed quickly as Jamie had to take a shower. I jumped out and got dressed. I wore jeans with a black and white plaid shirt. I also put a pair of my converse on and an oversized sweater.

I did my hair and makeup as Jamie knocked. "Are you done?" "I'm doing my hair then I will be out!" I said, hearing a grunt through the door. "Well hurry up! It's 5am!" I got done as she went in. I double-checked my bags and room to make sure I packed everything. As I finished, Jamie walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready to go. She wore a shirt with a pair of jeans. Very simple.

"You look awesome!" I said. Jamie: "As so you." she said smiling. My door then opened to my mom standing there. "It's 5:45am, which means we have to go. I already have my stuff in the car so I can take some of your bags." She said grabbing 2 of mine and 2 of Jamie's. 

We put the bags in the trunk and luckily got it to close. I got in the passenger's seat as my mom got in the driver's seat and Jamie in the back. It was a 10 minute drive to the airport. Now we had to wait until our plane was called. After 15 minutes of arriving, Jamie was out. I pulled out my phone and listened to music. About 10 minutes later, our plane was called. I stood up causing Jamie to fall over and wake up. "Time to go!" I said smiling innocently. 

She glared at me then got up. We had a quiet walk to our seats. We put our bags up and sat down. I had the middle seat, Jamie had the window seat, and my mom had the last seat which was beside me. The plane started flying about 25 minutes after we got on. Jamie dozed off about 5 minutes after we sat. She loves sleep, and food. I watched the window as we got higher and higher by the minute. I slowly felt myself doze off and after an hour, I was asleep. I woke up and to my surprise Jamie was awake, but she was eating. My mom was asleep.  

"How long have we been on here?" I asked, yawning. "It's 9:30am so I'm guessing 3 hours?" She said, putting more food in her mouth. "We should be there by 3pm USA time which is 9pm UK time. So we have another 6 and half hours left." I said sighing. I'm not going to lie, I hated airplanes. They are so boring and the seats get uncomfortable. Not to mention it's extremely cold! I glanced out the window and saw clouds and land. We aren't even out of America yet! I grunted and watched Jamie eat.  

"Enjoying the show?" she asked laughing. "Yup!!!" I said happily and we laughed. 

I'm surprised that Jamie isn't scared because this is her first time on an airplane! I felt my phone vibrate, who's texting me? I looked at my phone and immediately got mad. This was the last person I want to talk to! My ex-boyfriend Chris. We've had a rough relationship. We dated for 4 months. The first 3 months were perfect and amazing. I trusted him and in the third month of being together, I lost my virginity to him. After that night, it got worse. The day I broke up with him, was the day I found out he was cheating on me throughout our relationship. I hesitantly opened the text. 

To; Naomi 

From; Chris 

'Hey babe. What are you doing tonight? I miss you ;) ' 

I got angry at him. He always did this but stopped last month...  

To; Chris 

From; Naomi 

'Hello Chris. I am in an airplane going to London. My mom's job is making me move. Now, can you please stop texting me? ' 

I put my phone down as Jamie finished her food. "Who's texting you?" She asked. "Chris" I said, sighing, "Why is he texting you?" "You know how he was since that night. He stopped last month but he started it again." I kept glancing at my phone then Jamie. "What did you text back?" "I told him that I was on my way to London and to not text me again." As I finished my phone went off, earning a grunt from Jamie and I. I opened up the text. Jamie read while I did.  

To; Naomi 

From; Chris 

'Why didn't you tell me? We could've met up somewhere ;) '  

Jamie and I were disgusted at him. Will he stop? 

To; Chris 

From; Naomi 

'Shut up and delete my number! I'm having a fresh start and I don't want you messing with it! Please stop texting me!' 

I put my phone down and got suddenly tired. "I think I'm going to go to sleep. I just got really tired." I said, yawning. "Alright sleepyhead!" I fell asleep soon after she responded.

"Mi-mi wake up!" I heard Jamie whisper-yell. "What?" I said opening my eyes. "We're in the UK! We have 1 more hour until we land!" she whisper-yelled. I jumped up and widened my eyes. "No way!" "Yeah! They just announced it!" We are so excited! I looked at my mom and she was still asleep. I guess she didn't get much sleep last night. 

"I'm surprised at how long I slept on this plane." I said after 20 minutes of quiet. "Your mom has been asleep longer." She said, pointing to my mom.  

I nodded and checked my phone. Surprisingly Chris stopped texting me. It was 8:25pm UK time, but 2:25pm US time, which means 35 more minutes to go! I put my head phones in and listened to the first song that came up, 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran. I am a huge fan of Ed and I know almost everything about him! I was sad when the song ended but my phone turned on another song by him called 'The A Team'! Those two songs are my favorite by him. About 20 minutes later, my songs were interrupted by the loud speaker. "We are landing in 3 minutes." 

I put everything in my pockets and woke up my mom. "Mom, we're landing in 3 minutes."