Belial's and Ria's training was tough. They had to train their endurance and flexibility with numerous exercises, Ria also had to use her wings.

Ria was dodging Lynn's attacks when he caught her on the stomach and she flew backwards. "Too slow," he said, waiting for his daughter to sit up. She didn't complain, she would prove it to her mother.

Lynn was no exception when it came to Belial. But his son also gritted his teeth and didn't give up. In the evening, he bandaged their wounds and cooked them delicious food as a reward. He trained the two in hand-to-hand combat and with melee weapons. Blain, on the other hand, showed them how to use the sword and long-range weapons, as well as flight maneuvers.

One hundred years later...

Belial was now a head taller than his mother and had reached his father's physique. He attacked his mother, but his mother dived down and hit him in the stomach with full force, then disarmed Belial and threw him to the ground.

"Your cover was open. Why are you so unfocused today?" Lynn asked his son. He wasn't so careless otherwise.

Belial held his ribs, which were somewhat bruised by his mother's blow. Silently, he looked down at the ground.

"Come on, we'll talk over a cup of tea," he said to his son.

He nodded and followed him. Over a cozy cup on the sofa, he asked Belial again.

"A woman in the village expressed her interest in me. That's what kept me busy," Belial said.

Short and sweet. "And what did you answer?" Lynn asked curiously.

"She's not my heart, so I refused."

Lynn sighed. He had already noted that Belial had a very specific point of view on this matter. He didn't want anyone who wasn't his heart, but it wasn't all that simple. It could take decades or centuries before he found it. He didn't want Belial to condemn himself to solitude because of this. But his son didn't allow himself to be talked about in this matter.

"There's something else," Belial said, surprising his mother. "I want to join the army."

Lynn choked and almost dropped the cup. His baby was only 115 and was about to leave the nest?

"I won't let you go to the army if you can't defeat me," a deep voice came from the entrance. Blain stood there and looked at him with scowling eyes.

Belial stood up. "Why?" he asked his father.

"My reasons are irrelevant. As long as you don't beat me in a fight, you won't leave," he said, and Lynn knew his mate was serious. That's how he had experienced it for the first time. He would never be able to dissuade him from this point of view.

Belial went to his father and looked him straight in the eye. "Then I'll do that." He said nothing more and walked past his father.

Blain nodded wordlessly. Both took a sword and went to the training ground. That day, Blain stomped his son into the ground. Belial didn't stand a chance, because Blain was serious. He showed his son how weak he still was. But instead of giving up, Belial began to train more. It took fifty-four years.